Check your splash guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowbell_Fever123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give everyone with the mopar plasic, fitted splash guards a heads up.

I currently have two that are wearing through my paint. One side is through the çlear coat. The other is right down to bare metal.

I would recommend that you go and check that the screw that goes upwards from the bottom of the guard is tight, on the one side mine was loose, the other it was gone. This allowed them to move in the wind, and rub the paint off.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a known problem with the Ram guards. I buy Huskyliner instead. They come with a piece of clear tape that goes between the guard and fender to prevent the paint from wearing.

OP
OP
C

Cowbell_Fever123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is the plan. I am going to get a bit of touch up paint. Then 3M under where they sit. Also going to find a way to get the screws to fit tighter, just for some extra security.

Tim R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could use some Loctite Heavy Duty Threadlocker, Blue 242. it will keep the screws from vibrating loose but you are still able to remove it if needed.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a known problem with the Ram guards. I buy Huskyliner instead. They come with a piece of clear tape that goes between the guard and fender to prevent the paint from wearing.
Also one of the main reasons I went with the Huskys