Head Gasket Replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Spud2388

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
She runs!!! it sat about 2 weeks while i was tearing it down, waiting on parts, and reassembling. Drained the oil and had a good amount of coolant that had settled to the bottom of the pan. Not sure if this was from the actual gasket leak or just coolant that spilled onto the block when tearing it apart. Went to Walmart and got some cheap SuperTech oil and filter and filled after the drain, ran it for about 10 minutes and then drained that off. Replaced with Mopar filter and Penzoil Ultra Platinum. Will drive around with that for about 500 miles and then do another oil/filter change.

No abnormal sounds or leaks though. It definitely has been burning off all of the spilled fluids from the changeout, but just took a 3hr ride from Raleigh to Charlotte and there is no more smells from the engine bay. So I'm hoping its all burnt off now.

Did do a decent flush and got the coolant pretty clear (with a hint of orange color still), but good enough. Did my last drain and added about 1.5 gallons of the Mopar coolant concentrate. Letting that mix up and will test it and fine tune over the next week.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat