Do yourself a favor - add a Stubby antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mine isnt a stubby brand so i dunno bout those guys, mine wend on easy and my neighbor has one on his now, and i had the same on my 14, mine is an ebay special

I'm pretty sure we have the same one. I got the ebay special (carbon fiber) for $3.64. There are several options for attachments, but none of them fit the threads on the truck. They sent a black sleeve that has internal threads that match the stock antenna, but the adapters don't seem to fit it either. I'll have to try again this evening when I get home. I may be just missing something.

EDIT* This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182117167110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I'm pretty sure we have the same one. I got the ebay special (carbon fiber) for $3.64. There are several options for attachments, but none of them fit the threads on the truck. They sent a black sleeve that has internal threads that match the stock antenna, but the adapters don't seem to fit it either. I'll have to try again this evening when I get home. I may be just missing something.

EDIT* This is the one I bought: JDM 5 inch 100% Carbon Fiber Black Aluminum Screws Vehicle Car Radio Antenna 7H | eBay

thats the one i have, what i did is found the closest one i could find, it screwed in a short amount and it was very tight, same on my neighbors truck as well, i did use the thick rubber sleeves to fill a gap

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Just grab one from auto zone use the base dab some locktite on the adapter screw base and ur all set. That's what I did and I can just take the top off at car washes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thats the one i have, what i did is found the closest one i could find, it screwed in a short amount and it was very tight, same on my neighbors truck as well, i did use the thick rubber sleeves to fill a gap

Alright. There is one adapter that is close, but the threads are off just enough to not be exact. I can barely get it started, then it locks up. I'll see what I can come up with. I just checked the threads on my truck, they are 1/4"-20. I'll check the threads on the new antenna when I get home and see what they are. I might be able to get our machine shop to make an adapter here at work that will fit just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took my antenna in to work with me and had our machine shop re-thread one of the adapters to 1/4-20 threads to fit the truck antenna threads. It fit like a glove! It's kind of nice not being able to see that big antenna sticking up!

Ray2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the 6 3/4 stubby antenna and lost my favorite (a little weak to begin with) station and had to remove it to go back to my factory antenna.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Took my antenna in to work with me and had our machine shop re-thread one of the adapters to 1/4-20 threads to fit the truck antenna threads. It fit like a glove! It's kind of nice not being able to see that big antenna sticking up!

very nice man, and i absolutely agree, i love not seeing the antenna on the front of the truck anymore

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, time to order another one. Went through the car wash on my lunch break, the adapter snapped off and I lost my antennae. Good thing it was only $4. Bad thing is, I've got to try and get the bottom half of the threaded adapter out of my truck.

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Craven Speed stubby, reception was awful - so it got sold at a garage sale I think, for $34.50 less than I paid for it I bet!!

Definitely my worst mod ever.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the looks of my stubby, but the reception does suck bad. But I listen to satellite and iTunes so it's all good.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I added a black billet 14" antenna to my truck and as far as looks, it's spot on. Now when driving at highway speeds, man is that thing noisy. I'll be putting the oem one back on just for peace and quiet.968d785fca078b16622306b4ace4b406.jpg

F.O.F