Frame mount steps ? any out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I keep looking for nerf bars/steps for my truck and every time I find a set I like they way they mount is just crap.
I cant believe all these manufacturers are hanging these off the rocker panels ! This is just sheet metal and thin metal as well.
I would think if your going to pay over $300 bucks for bars that they would atleast mount off the body mounts or even better the frame. I can see the cheap ones doing it however it works cheapest but not the high dollar ones.

I was going to order a set of RBP RX-3 Stainless Steel bars but not sure I will now since they just hang off the thin sheet metal, If I do I will take them somewhere to have them reworked so they mount to the frame as well, at even more cost.

Does anyone make a good set that mount like they should ?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
White Knuckle is the only ones that I've found. I want a set but they don't have a set-up for a RCSB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp

Well they are real proud of them. $820 would not be to bad if they came powder coated for that. $240 for powder coating is alittle high..lol

But to get a step or the plate on there is even more..

Dont really haft to have a full on rock slider as thats not something I really need but something that wont tear out of the sheet metal would be nice.

Had a set of just normal nerf bars on my 02 chevy and they mounted off the body mounts good and solid.

I am really shocked that these manufacturers are mounting these bars right off the rockers, for long term this has to be the worst way to do this.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a pair on my 1500 that just installed off the thin metal they are pretty good and hold up... I'll be making some for my 98 tj soon that I'll be welding to the frame

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
Raptor makes frame mount and I believe luverne also.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 6"4 240 pounds and my factory running boards on my mega cab are fat guy approved - they are holding up great and the mounting points seem to be doing fine.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I really am looking at this long term, I really cant see these rocker mount steps hold up 5-10yrs plus.
What happens when the rocker starts to rust ? we all know they rust from the inside out so the metal will be weakened and a person wont know it untill it tears and rips the mounting points out.

I am sure I am just thinking to much on this but this just looks like a cheap ass way to mount them imo.

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ones they have listed all say rocker panel mount. unless I missed something.

Look on eBay. I'm finding raptors there that say frame mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce Kircheis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ripped my rocker this week. I guess 4x4 means dirt roads only.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. The steps are rocker mounted so yea. Unless you get frame mounted sliders you’re out of luck. I pull my steps off every time I go off-roading. Planing on doing my own sliders here soon. Might just do a full blown rocker guard instead. Not sure yet.