Grill Mount replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pardon my horrible google work, I'm normally pretty good at it.

Last night I was reinstalling my Grill with the wife when she decided to tighten the Drivers side screw down so hard she snapped the 10mm bolt that goes into the plastic mount. The bolt is still in the plastic mount, but the head is sheared off and its now not doing anything.

Can we order these mounts and Bolts? I tried google, tried Rock Auto, not sure what to do now.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pardon my horrible google work, I'm normally pretty good at it.

Last night I was reinstalling my Grill with the wife when she decided to tighten the Drivers side screw down so hard she snapped the 10mm bolt that goes into the plastic mount. The bolt is still in the plastic mount, but the head is sheared off and its now not doing anything.

Can we order these mounts and Bolts? I tried google, tried Rock Auto, not sure what to do now.

Good question, Call your local dealer and ask them. I find when I go to just get bolts, they just give me a handful, I always ask them to write it up so I can leave them a survey, they live by those things :)

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good question, Call your local dealer and ask them. I find when I go to just get bolts, they just give me a handful, I always ask them to write it up so I can leave them a survey, they live by those things :)

Good deal man. I'll give them a call. Hopefully this doesn't end up being a 100$ mount lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
you got you a wife that snaps off bolts huh??? better never **** that woman off, she might snap something off of you *****

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Try ebay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Haha the bolts are plastic, or I'd be very...very...worried!

your grill bolts are plastic? got any pix of them, mine on my 13 and my 14 were all metal bolts

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
your grill bolts are plastic? got any pix of them, mine on my 13 and my 14 were all metal bolts

Yup. The Inside two are metal, and they screw into metal brackets. The outside two are plastic, and they screw into plastic mounts. I don't have a picture of them right now, and am about to go to work, But your sure yours are metal? They have a real big thread pattern for the plastic they screw into compared to the inside metal ones.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Yup. The Inside two are metal, and they screw into metal brackets. The outside two are plastic, and they screw into plastic mounts. I don't have a picture of them right now, and am about to go to work, But your sure yours are metal? They have a real big thread pattern for the plastic they screw into compared to the inside metal ones.

im pretty sure mine are all metal, i do remember that they are a drastically different pattern though

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
im about 90% certain mine are metal and so are my neighbors, his stripped the plastic hole out on his truck, ill double check mine if i remember when i get off of work

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im about 90% certain mine are metal and so are my neighbors, his stripped the plastic hole out on his truck, ill double check mine if i remember when i get off of work
I suppose that even with one missing it isn't the end of the world, I guess I'd just much rather have all four holding it in lol. There's only a little bit of play in it, but more then I'd like it to have.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I just wen't out to check mine too, they are indeed plastic, I had no idea, it's only two of the four bolts though, but it's like , they are almost like fasteners, not bolts even. It's quite weird.

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just wen't out to check mine too, they are indeed plastic, I had no idea, it's only two of the four bolts though, but it's like , they are almost like fasteners, not bolts even. It's quite weird.
They are a weird item indeed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk