Hard painted tonneau covers and hail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at hard painted tonneau covers but I am concerned with how they hold up to hail. I have no garage and we do get hail almost every time it rains here it seems. That being said, has anyone had experience with these during hail storms ? Do they hold up or do they take a beating?

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure yet man, I honestly have no clue of materials these are made with. I have had vinyl types before but ready to get a hard style one that can be painted. Any suggestions would be awesome

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Leer fiberglass tonneau cover and like it, but have had no experience with hail------yet. One caution, if you wanna carry anything over 24" tall, the lid won't close. They look good, but in all honesty, they aren't very practical if you use your truck, like a truck. Also they are heavy--you'll need someone to help you take it off and put it back on.
Jay