Intro and question about OEM Splash Guards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brahma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi folks, new member here, and new Ram owner as well...

I just bought the front and rear OEM molded splash guards off a dealer on Amazon. Upon opening the rear set, I see what appears to be either bad molding, or molding such that gaps are created between the upper, inside guard and the part that mates to the truck body. it LOOKS like they COULD be intentionally molded this way to let water drain away from the body, and for air pressure relief, but then again, these "splash guards" would actually force water onto the body in this condition.

Is this normal, or do I have defectively molded guards? Each right and left appear identical.

I've installed others on my Jeep that I don't remember being like this...

Your help is appreciated!

Brahma

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 25

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I'm having a hard time figuring out pictures #1 & #2 the angle is throwing me off. Picture #3 definitely doesn't look right. I have them on my 4th gen and there were no "gaps". I'm guessing problem when molded.

OP
OP
B

Brahma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1 & 2 are looking up into the guard...

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
if your talking about that slit it lets the water drain out. I have the same ones and the slit is there. if you install these use 3m tape between the truck and the guard as they will rub the paint off if you don't.

OP
OP
B

Brahma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks very much for confirming that!

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed Husky Mud guards. They are molded and look great on my truck. I had OEM on my 2015 and two of them ended up with cuts in them from a flying rock I assume.