Lightbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go through Amazon, check out the Shanren 42" curved. It's only about $50 now. I have had mine for a couple of years now. No condensation, or bulbs burned out. It's very bright.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a difference between brands. dont get me wrong there are plenty of amazon and ebay light bars that are bright but they dont hold a candle(see what i did there lol) to the big name brands like Rigid, Vision-X, etc... Alot of brands will have the same wattage/chips but its in the optics and reflectors that the big names put money into developing that makes a big difference. Dont be fooled by the advertised wattage either. wattage is nothing without proper reflective engineering and quality optics. Also warranty is another thing to look at. the amazon and ebay ones are usually only a year where the name brand ones are much longer. Rigid is lifetime...

I'll see if i can dig up a thread from another forum where they compared a bunch of light bars with a calibrated lumen meter. this was done by enthusiast not a company so i feel that makes it even more credible.

adboyd06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
If you go through Amazon, check out the Shanren 42" curved. It's only about $50 now. I have had mine for a couple of years now. No condensation, or bulbs burned out. It's very bright.

What wiring harness did you use with this light bar?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s better, spot, flood or combo?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s better, spot, flood or combo?

depends where on the truck you are mounting it and what you want to use it for.

typically combos is best for bumper mount light bars. anything hood or roof mount i like spots so they dont reflect light on your hood and give too much foreground lighting which makes it harder to see far. rear lighting i like flood or combo since distance isnt a concern.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I wanted to mount it in the front bumper like others here. It’s just to light up the private road at the company I work for early in morning, we are way in the back and a light would really help. I ran over a wild cat one morning and an opossum just a few days ago and there’s always rabbits too. Its their fault for jumping in front of me but I don’t like to think of them suffering and the light might scare them off or at least illuminate it better.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Went with 30” light bar like Rzrman328 after talking to him.
Just me but I think it looks cleaner/slicker than the 42”?

Attachments

• DCF3784B-BBF4-4248-A72E-0F5433A7D1CC.jpg
    DCF3784B-BBF4-4248-A72E-0F5433A7D1CC.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 35

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good, I like the 30” too, did you cut out that entire black plastic piece?

sm10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Went with 30” light bar like Rzrman328 after talking to him.
Just me but I think it looks cleaner/slicker than the 42”?

Looks good! Any idea if tow hooks would fit beside that 30"?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I will do 30" as well so I can keep my tow hooks. Got a link for that 30"?