Bra Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have to laugh at some of these parts places.
Researching winter bra for the 2021 Ram Classic DS( mustache grill ) Some of these guys say nothing only for a diesel others say nothing at all..After market are a toss up as well.
I will keep searching but thought I would throw it out to you guys on the Forums. Some had you drilling snaps onto the front of your truck..NOT happening..anyone come across this item ?? 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock DS

Thanks lads..

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have had bras on two vehicles, worse thing I ever did. Running for any length of time gets debris in there, even just one trip. Left scratches and such, and I was fastidious about removing it clean and waxing.

Better bet is the clear 3m or similar material, but an absolute nightmare to install. Tried once myself then had installer, both times didn't come out to well. Put a surface hugging front nose protector on, really helps.

Good luck

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Have to laugh at some of these parts places.
Researching winter bra for the 2021 Ram Classic DS( mustache grill ) Some of these guys say nothing only for a diesel others say nothing at all..After market are a toss up as well.
I will keep searching but thought I would throw it out to you guys on the Forums. Some had you drilling snaps onto the front of your truck..NOT happening..anyone come across this item ?? 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock DS

Thanks lads..
You can mod the 4th Gen Diesal winter front to fit most 4th Gen 1500's with the standard type grill,don't know if it'll fit your Warlocks grill. It does require drilling holes for the attachment buttons. Good upholestry shop should be able to build you one to your specs Dave.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There was a discussion not to long ago on here about a hidden bra.

Right in front of the Radiator & Condenser coils, yet in back of the Radiator Shroud, there is about a 3" Gap
Make your own outer frame & use something like a Tarp to stretch over the frame, drop it down in the gap & fasten it at the top to the Radiator Shroud

On my 2009 & currently my 2016 Ram has a bug catcher in that same area

See the 2 short pieces of Plumbers Strap, that is the top of the screen

1705472256153.png
good view of the Gap

1705472547269.png
looking down into the gap

1705472784118.png
The Bug Catcher before i placed it in position

1705472661487.png

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2nd winter I had my truck I found a cheap used winter cover bra whatever you want to call it so I figured I'd give it a try. I didn't use the snaps at the bottom at all. I cut off the flap at the bottom on it with the snaps and drove it like that for most of the winter. It was a snug fit without them and never moved around while it was on. I didn't notice much of a difference with it on, but I also live in central WI so it gets cold but not extreme cold like some of you guys.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks.. knew I had read this before just couldn’t locate..will check Gino.. seems winter covers for everything except the Warlock DS… mustache grill model

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Man...I was so hoping for b_o-o_b-i_e..s and an Admin shut down quick ;)
I even poured myself a drink before opening the thread, too!
Now I just have to drink it :)

If you're looking for paint/body protection, then XPEL or 3M PPF are your best options.
If you're looking for a means to keep debris out of the condenser/radiator, then above is where's it's at with the custom protector behind the front grill.
If you're looking to block cold air so you can get more heat, then a diesel like front rad cover is where it's at. But, you could likely have a custom made one done for a reasonable price from an automotive upholstery shop that can be secured behind the front grill.

I would stay far away from any type of material going over the body that is clipped and/or snapped into place as that just allows road debris to get trapped under it and scratch the heck out of everything!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
don't know if it'll fit your Warlocks grill.
Unfortunately the OEM winter front for the 1500 from doesn't fit the Rebel/Warlock front end. It would need some modifications as how the bottom is held down and if I remember correctly the grill is too thick.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Your winter front solution. It’s even local for you. Quickdick always has the right answers!

He's one of my later day heroes,lol

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Man...I was so hoping for b_o-o_b-i_e..s and an Admin shut down quick ;)
I even poured myself a drink before opening the thread, too!
Now I just have to drink it :)

If you're looking for paint/body protection, then XPEL or 3M PPF are your best options.
If you're looking for a means to keep debris out of the condenser/radiator, then above is where's it's at with the custom protector behind the front grill.
If you're looking to block cold air so you can get more heat, then a diesel like front rad cover is where it's at. But, you could likely have a custom made one done for a reasonable price from an automotive upholstery shop that can be secured behind the front grill.

I would stay far away from any type of material going over the body that is clipped and/or snapped into place as that just allows road debris to get trapped under it and scratch the heck out of everything!
EXACTLY what Canuck said.

My new 2500 has shutters, my 1996 didn't. I cut a piece of carpet to fit between the rad and the front grill. Perfect fit, just slide it in and stayed in place. Could not see it from outside. Stopped enough air to help in -45, thought the V10 puts out great heat even on the highway, but still allowed a little air through so it didn't get hot even just above freezing.

Last edited:

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Your winter front solution. It’s even local for you. Quickdick always has the right answers!

I would have picked the Lager blue Winter Front myself.

Personal/regional preference.

Thanks for sharing

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
While I do like the idea, that green crap, really?
back in the day I thought the boxes where blue, long neck bottles make for better boxes.
I use to prefer fridge and stove boxes, heavy cardboard usually cut a round hole in the middle for a bit of air flow.

I seen a new chev 3/4T the other day, the front end covered with a big old box.
Uncool, but it was a chev. or GM. We use to be able to just slide a piece in front of the rad.
no way you can on my sport model. its suppose to have shutters.
Remember the rubber back indoor/outdoor carpet, everyone did the kitchen and basement with?
That was the best stuff for this , I used it on my winter tractor for years. Bungie straps where the best way to hold it.