Need some Advice!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey Guys,
I am driving a 2016 Ram Sport. I want to purchase a bed liner for my truck.
I have a Linex spray in bed liner but want to invest in a bed liner. Looking at Weathertech's bed and tailgate liner and Mopar's rubber bed liner.
Not sure what to go with. Eventhough Mopars rubber liner is a little cheaper. I am using Weathertech mats back and front inside. Anyone using either bed liner or make a recommendation.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you need to edit your post...

Attachments

• Wat8.jpg
    Wat8.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Beauregard7765,
What's wrong with my post?

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beauregard7765,
What's wrong with my post?

Not even sure a drop in liner would fit over a spray on.
Do you mean you want a bed rug or mat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes I am aware that I do have a Linex spray in liner. I just want to have a rubber mat over top. I looked at WeatherTech and Mopar's rubber mat or liner. I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't think I am the only one that wants to do this. If either fits I will get one.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I am aware that I do have a Linex spray in liner. I just want to have a rubber mat over top. I looked at WeatherTech and Mopar's rubber mat or liner. I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't think I am the only one that wants to do this. If either fits I will get one.

the original post sounded like you didn't like your spray on and want a drop in over it.

Too much use of the term "liner"

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yes the weather-tech bed matt would be the best choice in my opinion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What benefits are You going to get from adding the bed mat?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have a Bed Mat over my spray-in. While there's no more bed protection, it"s much nicer to crawl around on that the spray-in.

Last edited:

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If I understand your question, you are looking for a carpet type floor cover for your Sport.

This is the Access Bedmat in my 14 Sport with a spray-in liner. Really easy on my knees and the MFG claims easy to clean and maintain. Obviously mine is under a cap.

I ordered mine from Auto Anything using a 20% off plus free shipping offer. Couldn't beat the price anywhere and very happy with the mat.

One thing you need to know is the Velcro Clips will not stick to the liner, you will need to use the screw in clips. I drilled my bed using the snaps as guides and it fits perfectly.

DSCN0109_zpshz7f4lnp.jpg

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I also have the factory spray in and a rubber bed mat. It makes cleaning and crawling around much easier. I don't like the finish and texture of the spray in and would try a drop in over it if I run across one for cheap or free.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I also have a factory spray in with a rubber bed mat. It makes crawling around and cleaning much easier. I don't like the rough finish and texture of the spray in and would try a drop in over it if I find one cheap or free.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a Bed Mat over my spray-in. While there's no more bed protection, it"s much nicer to crawl around on that the spray-in.

I guess I'm not old enough yet to have knee problems

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
One thing you need to know is the Velcro Clips will not stick to the liner, you will need to use the screw in clips. I drilled my bed using the snaps as guides and it fits perfectly.

I must respectfully disagree. The velcro strips that came with mine have been perfect. Its all ion the prep. Make sure the surface is clean, dry and warm. Use the cleaning pads that come with the kit. Had mine installed for 3 years now, in and out multiple times and the velcro strips hold like new.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I must respectfully disagree. The velcro strips that came with mine have been perfect. Its all ion the prep. Make sure the surface is clean, dry and warm. Use the cleaning pads that come with the kit. Had mine installed for 3 years now, in and out multiple times and the velcro strips hold like new.

Not to disagree but to clarify a point, you mentioned velcro strips whereas mine came with a set of 1/2" adhesive discs with a snap top for the snap in the rug.

I prepped mine by washing it, cleaning with ethyl alcohol and then using the solvent pad supplied with the bedmat.

Initially they seemed to stick but after a few hours the rear ones were obviously loose and never stuck well again.

Therefore I just drilled for the metal snaps and moved on.

If you have strips, the much larger contact area could help but just posting to be sure anyone reading this post doesn't expect to buy something different than they will get.