Pinstriping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So before everyone climbs all over me, I'm just *asking*. Does anyone go with a traditional (or semi-traditional) pin stripe anymore? I always had those very thin double-line ones on my F-150s just to break up the solid walls of paint. (They also had a little, tiny in-line Ford logo/oval on the front door sections. That's just a little something extra the detailer had and I admit I thought it looked pretty cool. But I digress...)

Looking at my Ram, especially with the chrome trim on the side, I'm not sure if it would look good or not. And yes, I know a lot of you are into debadging, etc. I get that. To each his own. I don't want it plastered up to look like a NASCAR...just something to break up the solid wall of color on the box. And I'm not a young man anymore, so if I did so something, I'd want it to be tasteful and subtle...not gaudy and loud. (And I don't mean to imply that "young" people want gaudy and loud. :) )

I could go either way...with or without...just looking for opinions or examples. TIA

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They went right out of style with the people that started it! Lmao I like the completely clean look and that is one more thing for my ocd to look at and find something wrong. With that said.... That silver pin does look good on the blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it depends on the vehicle and color for pinstriping. I don't really care for it much on newer stuff. That being said I put some on my truck. I liked the stripe the Power Wagon had on the bottom and thought it would work well with my two tone paint. It just seemed like it needed a little something. It's not as thick as the PW stripe but I think it really adds something to the truck. It looks much better in person than pictures. If you're not sure just buy some and put it on. It's not very expensive and will come off pretty easy if you don't like it.

Attachments

• SAM_01451.jpg
    SAM_01451.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
  • SAM_0142.jpg
    SAM_0142.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 88

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i had the thin factory pinstripe on my f 150 lariat that bigoldthor talks about. 2 tone grey with silver pinstripe.very subtle but breaks up the slab side of a truck a little bit.less is more,but i went the other way on my ram. it is really big and really white.at least mine doesn't look like a fleet truck anymore.it's hard to bling a ram without it looking like a bro truck.there's a fine line between tasteful and tacky. pinstripes are tasteful,my giant decals,not so much but they match my camper nicely.