Recon Customer Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanna get everyone's opinion on this.

Sprung on April 1st for the Recon Tail LED lights.. got 15% off buying them direct from their site. That put them at 310.

That day.. they did a flash sale. Everything on the site was on sale 50% off... including the lights.

I emailed them, and tried to see if they would give me a credit since I ordered them the same day... and they said no. I wasn't rude at all, and just said that I would end up returning them and waiting for another flash sale and it seems like a waste of everyone's time for me to ship them back, the accept them, and then have to credit my card.. just to ship me another set when they do a flash sale again... they didn't care. The customer service rep made sure I had the correct return address and told me to have a good weekend.

Just looking for opinions.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You couldn't cancel the order over the phone?

I wouldn't be very happy either with that customer service. You should send them a link to this thread in a few days.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You couldn't cancel the order over the phone?

I wouldn't be very happy either with that customer service. You should send them a link to this thread in a few days.

It had already shipped....

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
should have ordered another set at the sale price and return the original order.

I didn't find out about the sale until 1am that day from another member on here... suxxxxxxxxxxx I mean we are talking like 150 bucks... not 30 or I wouldn't care.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's bs.

Id be happy to return them and never give them another dollar.

Fk their next "flash sale".

IMO

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's bs.

Id be happy to return them and never give them another dollar.

Fk their next "flash sale".

IMO

That was my plan, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a jerk...

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do your research friend. Recon, like many other "big name" companies are just branding a product and charging you 2-3x more money. I bought a set of aftermarket headlights off Ebay for 300$. Literally the exact same set of headlights, just with Recons brand on it, on their site was 900$!! Maybe some of you guys are rolling in the dough where you can pay X amount of money for anything, but I'm not paying 2-3x more for something simply because a company put their logo on it.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Yea, same way with spyder stuff. Crazy

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I totally agree, except on the tail lights... all the others online I could find... including Spyder... the part around the actual red brake LED lights was chrome... and everything else was black, where as the recon ones are black all around. Only reason I went with that brand... I hate chrome. Trust me I weighed the options of buying the cheapers ones and having them painted.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I totally agree, except on the tail lights... all the others online I could find... including Spyder... the part around the actual red brake LED lights was chrome... and everything else was black, where as the recon ones are black all around. Only reason I went with that brand... I hate chrome. Trust me I weighed the options of buying the cheapers ones and having them painted.

In my opinion, if it's what you want, then the money is irrelevant. Just in some cases, you can get the same product for much cheaper. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my opinion, if it's what you want, then the money is irrelevant. Just in some cases, you can get the same product for much cheaper. :roflsquared:

Totally agree, but now on principal I feel like I have to send them back... And give recon the : :flipthebird:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After my POS Recon drl's filled with moisture and failed within a week, I think I'm done with Recon.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's crazy the prices they charge. $900 for a set of aftermarket headlights that, no offense to anyone who has them, don't in any way look like an expensive or quality set of headlights. I can find factory Ram projectors for less than the recon headlights.

As far as the tail lights I've seen what daveray is referring to with the Recons having th black section rather than the chrome. I do like the black part but ended up getting the cheaper ones with chrome just because it was hard for me to put up the extra $$ for them. I'm pretty sure all these after market lights are made by Sonar and then rebranded by Recon, Spyder, etc. I could be wrong tho.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's crazy the prices they charge. $900 for a set of aftermarket headlights that, no offense to anyone who has them, don't in any way look like an expensive or quality set of headlights. I can find factory Ram projectors for less than the recon headlights.

As far as the tail lights I've seen what daveray is referring to with the Recons having th black section rather than the chrome. I do like the black part but ended up getting the cheaper ones with chrome just because it was hard for me to put up the extra $$ for them. I'm pretty sure all these after market lights are made by Sonar and then rebranded by Recon, Spyder, etc. I could be wrong tho.

I only ran those aftermarket lights for a couple weeks before returning them and putting my stock projectors back in. I just wanted something different than what everyone else had at the time. But the projectors light output SUCKED and the DRLs did not function as they were advertised to. So your opinion is backed by me about how they sucked lol

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Very unimpressed with Recon's customer service as well. Apparently they didn't have the inventory to support the demand they experienced from their flash sale and my order to placed on 04/01/16 has been delayed 14-17 days from this past Monday; meaning I will receive them nearly a month after purchase date. I could get a customized set from Retro in about that length of time. These are not exactly built to order units.

Emails with customer service have been less than "warm and fuzzy"; non-apologetic and unhelpful. Great to get the 50% discount but disappointed in the company's response overall. Sorry to hear your struggle with them, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya they suck. I got them, and even though I wanted to I couldn't return them.... like I said its the only company that has ZERO chrome in theirs... so I put them on... buzzed around, hit the car wash. One of em has moisture all in it... condensation.

So.. happily... I called their Customer Service line... 3 times.. no answer. Had to leave a message... no call after 3 days... so emailed. Took 2 days for a response from that and they said to make sure the bulbs are secure in the back and they were probably open and not inserted correctly and that let moisture in.

Their solution: take the bulbs out and let it sit for a day... dry out and reinstall the bulbs making sure the washers are on correctly and it should be fine..

Like... bro.. who could fu*k up putting the bulbs in... you're seal is broken.

I swear this place is 2 guys in a garage.

On a side note... their cust service is outsourced it looks like... check out the persons email address who replied to you... its not recon..

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yup; Ryan B is the one helping me. That's a BS response they gave you, too.

I hate that a company this disjointed has become the industry standard for aftermarket lights; nearly all the show trucks and retro shops use them. Should have known something was wrong when I noticed their sales department had longer hours than their customer service department. That speaks volumes as to where their priorities are.

8f9a350f88517605f52427e3a536f51d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk