Snow sucked into box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So last week I was on a long drive through heavy snow. Stopped to let the dog out and noticed that my tailgate and lights were covered in snow (I have already cleaned off the tail lights in this photo).

I was shocked to see how much snow had been sucked inside my box ( I have a vinyl box cover installed that is velcro sealed on the sides and fits tight to the tailgate with rubber weather stripping). The snow was coming up through the small gap between the bottom of the tailgate and the edge of the truck bed. Got all of my stuff covered in snow. Lucky I found it when I was still in an area below freezing as I was able to brush the snow off my stuff but if I had gotten to my destination where it was above freezing then all the snow would have melted and soaked my stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 187

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Weird. I've never had that happen with my last 2 Rams that had tonneaus!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
^ I've had that happen before as well with my cover. Not quite as bad as yours though.

I understand there's a seal you can get to go around the edge to stop this happening, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
It's aptly named a Tailgate Seal, I have them on both my trucks for that very reason; with how dry and powdery our snow is it sifts into places that wet snow doesn't

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not an issue here with wet snow it can build up on the rear window if you have a hard cover and dive in a blizzard:evillol: