Standard cab products non-existent anymore?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weis7594

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Why doesn't anyone make quality, strong, long-lasting running boards for standard cab trucks anymore. I know that we standard cab guys are like dinosaurs, but c'mon man. I found these from Hammerhead that fit the 4500/5500 series Rams but, during discussions with them, their engineers would have to design a new product line specifically for my 2500 standard cab. They are willing to do so but it would have to wait until they come back from SEMA. These products seem to be of high quality and I love the body mount vs other mounting options. Are there any other products out there like these? I live in Alaska, so I need high-strength and durability.

Attachments

• Hammerhead runningboard.jpg
    Hammerhead runningboard.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
W

weis7594

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone have ideas on this? I have tried searching the forum for the info but only find products for CC trucks. Thanks.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Standard cabs are a dying breed. In order to make it worth designing and building a product the companies need to be able to sell a minimum amount of them. I wonder what percentage of new trucks are standard cabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

weis7594

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yea, it sucks. It's just me and the wife, so no need for 4 doors. I was brought up on 2 door trucks and the theory of "if ya need 4 doors, get a car" kinda thing. I can appreciate the need for 4 doors and y'all have some bad ass lookin rides though.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn’t necessarily say 2 doors are a dying breed, I mean, there still are a ton of work trucks that are 2 door with the 8’ bed. But yeah, for the aftermarket world, these aren’t the truck buyers that typically mod their trucks, so there is very little incentive to create model specific products.