Tie down straps..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have a recommended one to use?

My cheap Walmart ones from a couple years back are driving me insane. Struggle to ratchet, struggle to release.. it's maddening each time I use them.

Trying to find a good set here soon for the upcoming camping season.

Thanks!

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Last edited:
OP
OP
riored4v

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. How's the ratchet and release on them? Smooth?

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
yeah, pretty smooth. Just lift the handle and tug on it.

OP
OP
riored4v

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, thanks. My current ones the ratchet piece always get crooked and constantly binds up.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tractor supply has some decent ones fro not too much cash.... I tend to buy the cheap ones since they always seem to disappear when ever someone borrows one of the trailers...

If you want some really nice ones go to a Dirt Bike shop

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use the heavier duty straps from Wally World. Bright Orange color. The heavier duty ratchets work really well, and to loosen them up, just open up the ratchet to 180° and it will unlock the strap. Tug on it to loosen it up. I don't remember the cost, but they came in a 4-pack. I keep one set in my truck, and actually have another in the garage still in the package.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Depends on what you are tying down. For tarps I use carabiner bungee's, and around here legally you need a tarp to cover almost everything including a costco run. I use 4 costco ratchets lasted me 3 trucks so far for heavy loads. I don't remember what I paid, just that they were cheaper then anywhere else for quality ratchets. They are heavy duty and solid. Biggest mistake is when guys ratchet the ratchet more then three or four times to get it tight, gotta pull that tight before ratcheting. Not sayin that is what u were doing though.

PNkC5.jpg

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^I also have the ones pictured above from Costco.

OP
OP
riored4v

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Looks like it's mainly a matter of finding a heavier duty set with a better handle. I like the look of those Snap-On ones.

As for what i'm strapping down. Nothing major or big. Biggest thing so far has been a fridge but aside from that it's just car parts, camping gear, etc.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Depends on what you are tying down. For tarps I use carabiner bungee's, and around here legally you need a tarp to cover almost everything including a costco run. I use 4 costco ratchets lasted me 3 trucks so far for heavy loads. I don't remember what I paid, just that they were cheaper then anywhere else for quality ratchets. They are heavy duty and solid. Biggest mistake is when guys ratchet the ratchet more then three or four times to get it tight, gotta pull that tight before ratcheting. Not sayin that is what u were doing though.

PNkC5.jpg
This will be my next set. I have 8 but they seem to go missing on me! Lol

I think they sell for like $20 or $30 at Costco which is a great price!

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have those snap on ones too work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

scotts2012ram

I have some like the snap on one's but I got them from harbor freight and there all black Ive used the cheaper ones but after this set I'll be getting more soon I use them alot. Hauling atvs most weekends and moving my 2000 lb tool box they work grate