Tires comparison chart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So many threads I know, but for me, I needed to see a breakdown of the basic go-to tire for our trucks. I used Discount tire for the comparison to keep everything equal. Of course, the ratings are solely based on the users that provide the feedback. Like many others, I will be doing the Bilstien lift in the coming weeks and will want tires to go with it. I need a good looking tire that is great in wet and dry and will last. The tires will probably see a trail or two in its life and I doubt mud, and definitely not snow in the south. Anyways, here are a the results in a very quick spreadsheet.
By the reviews it seems the Cooper AT3 is the best overall.....

Sorry I forgot to add in weight....which of course affects MPG

EDIT--Redoing chart

Last edited:

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Nitto G2 tires. I do not agree with the tire life rating that's on your chart. Especially the part where BFG ko/2 tires last longer than the G2. I absolutely will get 80,000+ miles out of my tires. And possibly close to 100k. The BFG's are known to not last long. If you got 50k out of them, you did good!

Also the tire weights do not seem correct for the Falken tires. That looks like a "p" rated tire weight and the rest look like a "lt" rated tire.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If needed, I can post a pic of my G2 tire with 30k of it. And a pic of a newer tire that has less than 10k on it. I had to replace that tire due to a collision.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Nitto G2 tires. I do not agree with the tire life rating that's on your chart. Especially the part where BFG ko/2 tires last longer than the G2. I absolutely will get 80,000+ miles out of my tires. And possibly close to 100k. The BFG's are known to not last long. If you got 50k out of them, you did good!

Also the tire weights do not seem correct for the Falken tires. That looks like a "p" rated tire weight and the rest look like a "lt" rated tire.

You are correct on some points....the weights were pulled from various areas like tirerack or their individual website. In the case of Falken, you are right, its "P" rated and thats because they don't list the exact size. In order to go "LT" the values change to 275/65 (not 60). Not sure in overall difference that makes to the odometer, rearend ratio, etc...but the LT is at 66lbs. Its very hard to get weights.

The tread life came from average users on Discounttiredirect.