Tow Mirror Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I really want to figure out how to make the turn signals on my tow mirrors both running lights and turn signals. Is there anyway to make this happen? My plan is to do this with the mirrors and install cab lights.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Less headache for just $34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not me but a friend has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really want to figure out how to make the turn signals on my tow mirrors both running lights and turn signals. Is there anyway to make this happen?

Not the funnest thing to do but It definetley is possible.

I agree with moreovalteen, I have yet to see another ram with running lights.

Last edited:

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wired mine as running lights only, probably wouldn't be to difficult to set them up as blinkers also, all my running lights included was wiring up a relay controlled by my clearance lights off my PCM (fuse box) under my hood. Once the really pulled in sent direct power from my battery from a single wire that I split to and through each door jam (probably the most difficult part did it by removing the harness running the wire through the rubber boot and through an open spot on the white connector and fishing it though with a coat hanger.)

After getting power to my mirrors grounded by using one of the mirror mounting studs hidden by the door panel. I guess a cheap way to set them up to blink would be another set of relays to both sides that interupt the power path when the blinker gets power.

This probably the cheapest way to do it. But hey it worked for me and cost less than $10 and it came out very clean and nice, everything is serviceable and fused / wrapped with wire loom and all my connectors have heat shrink

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
the cheapest way to do it is to take the positive wire to the mirror LED and run it to the positive parking light feed, and then take the negative wire on the mirror LED and run it to the positive signal feed, yes you read this correctly, what this will do is make your mirror lights come on with the parking lights, and they will flash with the turn signals ONLY WHEN YOUR LIGHTS ARE ON, its a simple way to do it and IMO the mirror signals arent that visible during the day anyways so its not a real loss, the cool thing is the LEDs on the mirrors will alternate the flash with the head and tail lights....

i did this mod on an 06 i had and wanted the amber strip to flash

https://youtu.be/zLuTAm-vw0o