Trucks going to the Shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck was in a accident Friday and it is estimated 7.5 G's in damage and 21 days without her. Not counting if the rear axle is bent. My bumper took the blow at 45 and only recieved powdercoating missing lol. Now where the car ran down the side of my truck is the other thing. Two new rims and tires and repowdercoating both bumpers and all the bodywork and painting.

Will be looking at getting a new set of tires and rims all around.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel you're pain. I'm getting my estimate tomorrow and hopefully in the shop in about a week. Mine will be a new box side and bumper. Got some pics? Gotta have pics.

OP
OP
G

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
image.jpg
This is all that happened to my bumper at 45

OP
OP
G

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
image.jpg

His car took it pretty well due to a older car

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
It tweak the frame since the bumper didnt budge?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My truck was in a accident Friday and it is estimated 7.5 G's in damage and 21 days without her. Not counting if the rear axle is bent. My bumper took the blow at 45 and only recieved powdercoating missing lol. Now where the car ran down the side of my truck is the other thing. Two new rims and tires and repowdercoating both bumpers and all the bodywork and painting.

Will be looking at getting a new set of tires and rims all around.
Sux! :angry94:

OP
OP
G

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will find out when it gets in the shop didnt look like the frame crushed where it was mounted.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
You need to find a repair shop who can measure your frame with digital frame machine.

There are certain points they can measure, that are the same points that were measured when the frame was built at the factory. This data base is for all cars/trucks and is software in their machine.

I went threw this 5 years ago with insurance company when I got rear ended while driving my Nissan Titan that I had.

Insurance company insisted the truck was ok to be repaired new rear bumper and passenger side bed skin.

I found body shop in my area who had frame machine and measured the factory points and proved my frame was bent.

Insurance approved frame straightening .

I hope this is not the case with your truck but needs to be checked.

If frame is bent it will cause the truck to not track correctly even if a 4 wheel alignment is done it cannot make up for bent frame.

I got the truck repaired and traded it in, of course with car fax I lost "resale value" even though the accident was not my fault.

This is called "diminished value" I got my insurance COMPANY to refund this amount because it was "not at my fault accident"

I will see if I can find pictures of my truck it did not appear to be bad.

My accident happened in Connecticut and I drove my truck home to South Carolina.

Regards
Don

Last edited: