Tire Swapping Between Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdave78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My father and I both have 1500 classics, 2020 and 2019 respectively. He is getting rid of his truck, but has more meat on his tires than I do, they both have the Warlock 20" tires, identical size and style. I'm curious if we can just swap 1:1 tires and rims between our trucks, before TPMS this wouldn't have been an issue, but will the truck recognize the 4 new sensors on each truck after driving for a few miles or does the truck need to reprogrammed to read the different TPMS? We don't want to visit a shop to swap the rubber, just wanted to swap the tires and rims as is.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My father and I both have 1500 classics, 2020 and 2019 respectively. He is getting rid of his truck, but has more meat on his tires than I do, they both have the Warlock 20" tires, identical size and style. I'm curious if we can just swap 1:1 tires and rims between our trucks, before TPMS this wouldn't have been an issue, but will the truck recognize the 4 new sensors on each truck after driving for a few miles or does the truck need to reprogrammed to read the different TPMS? We don't want to visit a shop to swap the rubber, just wanted to swap the tires and rims as is.
Yeah the TPMS will be an issue. Any chance you have or know someone with AlfaOBD?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The TPMS should recognize the sensors if you follow the procedure which I believe is drive over 35 mph for approximately 1 mile after swapping the wheels and tires . The frequency is the same and since they are both classics, it should not be a problem.