Turn signal switchback LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I can check voltage to get this answer but I'm hoping someone knows off the top of their head. I just bought some switchback turn signal leds for my 12' ram and I'm trying to figure out which of the three wires to t-tap to for the resistors. I read the thread of another member's DIY and he said to tap into the black wire and white with tan/brownish stripe and those wires are the outer most wires into the plug. I have those wires but the white wire with the tannish stripe is in the center of the plug, not the outer most wire. Any information would be helpful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
S

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wrapped it up. Passenger side is wired black wire to resistor black wire, all white wire to black resistor wire. Drivers side is black to black and white with blue stripe to black resistor wire. Basically, on both sides, you wire up the outside wires. Took me about 1hr 15min total because the t-taps they supplied were too big so I had to redo them a couple times and smash them down hard. I also wrapped them in electrical wire to help hold them in place. Also, the resistor wires are short as hell so if you decide to do this upgrade, be sure to pick up some extra wire to make it easier to mount.

OP
OP
S

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll get some pictures tomorrow morning when I get off work. Working 7pm-7am for the next couple days.

jvoid4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are your resistors doing? I hear they can get really hot.
I want to do this and am doing to looking around to find the best way to use the resistors.

Last edited: