Right rear turn signal and brake light out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rydec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 Ram 2500 not getting power to the bulb for the right rear brake and turn signal. All of the other lights work including the trailer lights and third brake light, ground is good no issues at the wire connecters or damage to wire in the harness. Not the TIPM. Any advise on what the problem could be. Not LED lights.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 Ram 2500 not getting power to the bulb for the right rear brake and turn signal. All of the other lights work including the trailer lights and third brake light, ground is good no issues at the wire connecters or damage to wire in the harness. Not the TIPM. Any advise on what the problem could be. Not LED lights.
Have you tested the wiring before the socket? The sockets go bad on our trucks and they are replaceable. From experience only use the OEM sockets as aftermarket’s tend to set bulb out messages.

OP
OP
R

rydec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I tested the wire before the socket and also tried the good socket from the driver side.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I tested the wire before the socket and also tried the good socket from the driver side.
Do the 4 way hazard flashers work on the right rear? I ask because trying to determine if they are receiving any signal. I believe there is a fuse in the power distribution box under the hood but I have a 1500 and my fuses are labeled left side and right side. If your right front turn signal is working it’s probably not the fuse. Just to cover all bases have you tried a new bulb?

**never mind the bulb comment as I see in your original post that there is no power to the right rear.

I’d still try the hazard flashers as in my limited experience no power on wires with continuity and good ground leads back to the TIPM.

Last edited: