Ways that I could get my tires even looking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey since the maxtrac 7" lift kit for my truck, the front tires stick out more than the rear ones do, it's also very noticeable as my wheels are 20x12 -44, so do you guys have any suggestions for me because I'm assuming people have dealt with this issue before? What size wheel spacers would I need to make the tires look aligned correctly instead of one sticking out more than the other? Or is there other ways I could fix this?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup you'll need some spacers. How thick depends on how much the fronts stick out more than the rears.

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Any pics down the sides?

Yup you'll need some spacers. How thick depends on how much the fronts stick out more than the rears.

QRUt4pc.jpg
fxlQocq.jpg

did the best i could do with the lightning, it seems that the front one is sticking out about 2-3 inches past the fender flare, and the back is barely poking out of it.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Wonder if this is why the pocket flares are wider in the front vs. rear? I can see the same thing on mine, just not as bad. I did 1.5" spacers all around and wish I'd done up to 2.5" in the rear to even it out real nice.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to run 2" spacers on the rear of Chevy. Lifts for GMs widen the trac width 1.5-2". This is because it's needed so the wheel doesn't interfere with the knuckle or other components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow...big difference.

Wonder if this is why the pocket flares are wider in the front vs. rear? I can see the same thing on mine, just not as bad. I did 1.5" spacers all around and wish I'd done up to 2.5" in the rear to even it out real nice.

I had to run 2" spacers on the rear of Chevy. Lifts for GMs widen the trac width 1.5-2". This is because it's needed so the wheel doesn't interfere with the knuckle or other components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the rears are a tad bit wider.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that is bad. Noticeable

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spacers might be your only option. I wonder why mine aren't that bad. Mine are almost even and I don't have any spacers.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do they actually stick out further, or is it the contour on the front of the truck that gives the illusion?

I believe it's that and the picture is at a slight angle and not completely straight down the side.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder why mine aren't that bad. Mine are almost even and I don't have any spacers.

I wanna say it's the maxtrac lift...but don't quote me.

I thought I read somewhere on here the knuckles stick out further with the maxtrac setup....maybe another maxtrac bubba will chime in.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I thought I read somewhere on here the knuckles stick out further with the maxtrac setup....maybe another maxtrac bubba will chime in.

That would make since. Me and you have the same lift but rcx with same size rim and off set and neither of us have this issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Spacers might be your only option. I wonder why mine aren't that bad. Mine are almost even and I don't have any spacers.

Do they actually stick out further, or is it the contour on the front of the truck that gives the illusion?

I believe it's that and the picture is at a slight angle and not completely straight down the side.

That would make since. Me and you have the same lift but rcx with same size rim and off set and neither of us have this issue.

Wow, that's pretty significant. I've never seen a Ram look like a GM before with a lift, they've always been even.

Me either. It's got to be the lift making it like that.

Damn that is bad. Noticeable

KrYFgVX.jpg
ZbGmNlX.jpg

here's 2 pics during the day time, i think it was just the angle that made it look that bad lmao.

I took a tape measure out and it seems that the front may be sticking out about 1.00 to 1.25" more past the pocket flares than the back are. the angles and the lighting just made it look awful lol, and yes this is the maxtrac lift, i'm pretty sure i might need 1.25" spacers to make them sit even, having pocket flares makes it kinda harder to figure out.

I was looking at these BORA spacers, are they any good? https://www.customwheeloffset.com/c...pacers-pair-2-5-or-6-lug-all-makes-and-models

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spacers would do the trick, but just have to remember with the whole Ackerman steering principle, narrow rear track width is done to tighten up turning radius, it will be effected by equaling the track with. Will it be noticeable... maybe maybe not.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
every car/truck is like this. its done so the vehicle tracks better when driving. you can add spacers to even it out for looks, but your going to be trading off the handling of the truck.