Windsheild Light Bar Mount Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey everyone,

im looking into adding a windsheild mount light bar to my truck. it gets pretty dark up here in alberta at night and i need something better when im on the back roads.

my place has underground parking as well that i have to fight with so im looking for a set of mounts that dont go higher than the roof or ever so slightly higher than the roof. i only have 2"-3" of room as is it right now.

any shared experience with brand names or similar issues would be great. hopefully im not the first with this issue and theres a company that makes something like what im looking for,

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't like the looks or performance in that location. It makes the dust on back roads worse.. like driving in fog with high beams. :(

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe a bumper mount? I know they whistle a lot above the cab.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe most of the mounts will require you drill the holes, therefore you can mount it at the height of your choice. To Ratket's point, they do whistle sometimes. Mine usually won't do it until 60+ and it seems to occur when the wind direction is just right, as it doesn't happen all the time. A good stereo takes care of that problem!

Tdjma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen them installed in the black opening in the front bumper and they look great

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Maybe a bumper mount? I know they whistle a lot above the cab.

I've seen them installed in the black opening in the front bumper and they look great

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i have the tow hooks that i installed down there already or thats where i would be putting it for sure. hopefully the whistle isnt too bad because thats really my only option.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the tow hooks that i installed down there already or thats where i would be putting it for sure. hopefully the whistle isnt too bad because thats really my only option.

The whistle I spoke of is very high pitch. Even doing 35 down the road you will hear the lightbar, it's just not a loud high pitch whistle, more like having bad weather stripping in your door jam.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
There are a few YouTube videos on fixes for the roof light whistling problem. I'm looking to add one myself soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few YouTube videos on fixes for the roof light whistling problem. I'm looking to add one myself soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hey, if it whistles, the worst that could happen is you have a legitimate reason to add some juice to your sound system if you need it!

:favorites13:

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ram-1500_2009-2016 | Product categories | ZROADZ

I was looking at these guys and I think I might go with a couple of their packages. Seem to be really well made and the phone was answered by a real live human being!

theyre roof mounts look awesome. they look they give me too much height though.

How bout putting lights behind the grille. Plenty of room in there.

i was looking into that as well but with the sport slats i read that a light bar wouldnt work very well in regards to light out put.

Hey, if it whistles, the worst that could happen is you have a legitimate reason to add some juice to your sound system if you need it!

:favorites13:

that's actually on my to-do list as well! well upgrade the sub at least. was just about to make a post about it.

thanks for the input everyone!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could fab up mounts for it to go infront of the grill on top of the bumper-

I belive the whistle comes from
The brackets- Adding something like a dab of silicone on the sharp edges may destort the whistle or remove it all together.