2011 Quad Cab Cloth to 2015 Ouad Cab Leather Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camdlstire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am taking out my cloth big horn edition seats and putting in heated and cooled seats out of a 2015 laramie quad cab. If you have done a conversion, I could use some tips please. Have read others that have done it but just wanting to know what all parts I need to do so?

OP
OP
C

camdlstire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2011 Seat Swap

So I have installed the seats in my truck and they bolt up perfect. I have ran power and ground to the driver seat so far to get all functions working; however, I have the dash airbag light on and seatbelt light. But I did put my old seatbelt in the truck and hooked it up... Now I haven't touched the passenger side yet, could this be the problem? It does not sense the passenger side?

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It might be the sensor for the advanced airbags. You say you haven't touched the passenger side. Does that mean you have to seat there at all?

I wonder what this button does?

OP
OP
C

camdlstire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It might be the sensor for the advanced airbags. You say you haven't touched the passenger side. Does that mean you have to seat there at all?

I wonder what this button does?

No, I mean I have it in place, but I haven't ran any power to it... But they shouldn't be the case after looking more into it.

OP
OP
C

camdlstire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
complete swap!

So after I did my research and found some wiring diagrams, I now have my 2015 Laramie seats in my 2011 QC Big Horn. Seats look great in there! I have the power hooked up and have turned the airbag and seatbelt lights off. The only thing I have left to wire up is the heat and cooled front seats, and the heat in the back seats. Those can wait for a warmer day as I have nowhere to pull my truck inside. Other than that the seats work great!
IMG_33621.jpg

IMG_33631.jpg