changing silver accents to black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The trucks I've been in with the painted interior made it worse. More gloss and more reflection.

Hydro dip the pieces - it's super easy to do.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Here's what I did to mine. Painted them the same color as the truck- Hunter Green. Also did the heat vent surrounds as well. Looks cool....... Painted my shifter trim ring flat black. I'm not a fan of shiny things. Go figure.
Wow that's what I've wanted to do for years on mine in the same color. Now I really want to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow that's what I've wanted to do for years on mine in the same color. Now I really want to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I want to do mine black, with a very small amount of a red/orange metallic trim. Ive been looking at VVivid Vinyl and im probably going to pick up a few rolls as it looks like their colors are exactly what im looking for and Vinyl would look cleaner than paint.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Painting is just as good or better. It's all in prepping. Better the job the better the look. Vinyl is the cheaper way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Painting is just as good or better. It's all in prepping. Better the job the better the look. Vinyl is the cheaper way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I actually painted mine yesterday. Not done all of the pieces but what i did paint looks amazing.

7f7a8cd95b8c97244a39bbc7fab3cf02.jpg
0f45d9a74b108f6cb422b2c6e0b8036a.jpg
72ce96f44824140575e3b17f6d384e1e.jpg

I still need to cut out the inverter outlet and figure out a way to mount the small cubby/storage hole in its place. I also need to paint the small trim area around the vents on the radio bezel and then do the same area of the vents in the truck. The only red will be the trim around all 4 vents and the chrome trim around the cup holders. Just enough red, but not overkill.

Edit: For some reason the pictures quality sucks, the red piece is smooth and clean but in this picture it looks like crap for some reason.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything is possible with a little creativity and patience and time.

I took a lot of my bright work (chromed stuff) and shot it with VHT nightshade to get the shine and depth without the brightness of the chrome. I'm probably one of the only Portuguese guys out there that hates chromes....

Looking for the pic but can find it... I plan to paint all the silver a dark gunmetal cause I don't like it either

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anything is possible with a little creativity and patience and time.

I took a lot of my bright work (chromed stuff) and shot it with VHT nightshade to get the shine and depth without the brightness of the chrome. I'm probably one of the only Portuguese guys out there that hates chromes....

Looking for the pic but can find it... I plan to paint all the silver a dark gunmetal cause I don't like it either
Yea i did not like the silver either. I should be done painting the parts (weather permitting) and have the console swapped in by this weekend. Pics to follow.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Foxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, I've got a 2016 Big Horn and I want to convert the center console/vent shrouds as well as door trims to the metallic black look of the Sport trucks. Is there a parts source/tutorial video anywhere out there you guys recommend? First RAM, so I'm a noob yet. :)