Chrome Shifter Bezel / Center Console Trim Ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The day after I brought my '09 home, I got blinded by this. If it really comes off this easy, I got 3 cans of PlastiDip I the garage... This could end up being the first mod on my truck!

Yup, pops right off. 3 cans may be a bit overkill for that little bezel though. :roflsquared:

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
After my first weekend of driving in the daylight for a tank or two, I can say I will be doing this shortly. Thank you all for the great feedbacks on your choices. Where are ya'll getting the vinyl from?

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, pops right off. 3 cans may be a bit overkill for that little bezel though. :roflsquared:

Ahhh man... I thought I was gonna have to run to the store to get more cans! Heheheheh... :peace: Nah, but seriously, I will have to get more cans if I'm gonna do up my rims anytime soon. But, it is starting to get a little hot out here in the desert... :flame:

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No don't grab two corners and pull up. As mentioned this is made of plastic and there are snap tabs that go all around it. The best way to do it by hand is to lift an area up and run your fingers around it. You will feel the tabs disconnecting as you do it. Then pull it off.

chapnutz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I need to dip my center console trim piece. hate the chrome look

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, alright, alright... The first mod has been completed, and yeah, that rim ring just pops off nice and easy. Wasn't near as hard as I feared that it was going to be. Anyways, now for the reveal. Gotta love Plasti-Dip! I think the second pic is the best one, showing the depth and texture of the Dip...

20150612_112741.jpg

20150612_112759.jpg

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never used the Plasti Dip before. Is this a brush on application or will I need to get a pan to actually dip the trim piece in?

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Grabbed some at Home Depot today. I also picked up a plastic painters spatula to remove the trim. I ran the spatula around the edge and it popped right out. Very easy!

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's like Pringles... Once you pop, you can't stop. You'll find that as soon as you dip one thing, you're go nap be hooked and gonna wanna start dipping everything and anything!

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's like Pringles... Once you pop, you can't stop. You'll find that as soon as you dip one thing, you're go nap be hooked and gonna wanna start dipping everything and anything!

I'm already trying to figure out what to dip (spray) next!

Attachments

• center-console-2.jpg
    center-console-2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 181

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Glad this is an easy fix. When I picked up my 13' Sport a few weeks ago it was my only complaint. From around 11-3 during the day that sob blinds me. Figured it just popped off, so now it's getting wrapped/painted this afternoon. Just gotta decide if I want to do a flat black or camo.

Last edited:

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. I plastidipped mine the same weekend I got the truck damn sun glare wtf

bushler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the ideas in here for what to do to this piece. I got my 2012 Ram a week ago and was blinded by it right away. I bought the flexidip and Rustoleum Flat Metallic Antique Nickel Spray Paint and Primer in One. I opted for the Rustoleum and I am very happy with how it came out. Flat spray paint doesnt have the glare and the metallic matches the other pieces.

Attachments

• Bezel.jpg
    Bezel.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 130

Cheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found my next mod. The only question, since I have a white ram is to maybe change it up a bit and go white. A little worried it may make it look too ricer though.

I guess it's a good thing Plasti Dip is only $5 a can!