Door Lock Delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just wondering if this is normal or if I need to get it checked. When I exit my truck I have the habit of hitting the lock button on the door (not the fob) as soon as the door opens as then it's locked when I close it. Most of the time there seems to be a delay with the door lock button. It seems to take a second or two and/or has to swing open at least about half way before the lock button will work. Sometimes I have to push it two or three times before it will lock. Is this a normal delay programmed in for some reason or is the switch weak or something?

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines starting to do this as well. The driver side door sometimes wouldn't lock or unlock when I hit the remote button. It has stopped for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I also use the lock button on the door when exiting, mine is immediate.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Maybe it's taking a second to recognize the fob is outside the vehicle.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has a delay, too. 2017 slt crew cab.... I figure it's normal, since the delay is so consistent.

OP
OP
Cummins Dog

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Maybe it's taking a second to recognize the fob is outside the vehicle.

Mines a Tradesman. I don't have the proximity fob with the start button, I have to plug mine into the "keyhole" (or whatever it's called now) on the dash to start the truck.

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
same problem. it is quite intermittent. Sometimes it locks immediately and sometimes it doesn't lock at all when I press the button on the armrest.

It isn't serious enough for me to go to the dealer over.