Got bored

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently did a little bit of vinyl wrap also

20170409_152203_zpsehkit9yl.jpg

For the trim you wrapped around the upper console (around the radio), did you take that whole bezel off, or do it in place? Do you mind sharing some details about how you did that wrap? It looks great and I'd like to do something similar.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
For the trim you wrapped around the upper console (around the radio), did you take that whole bezel off, or do it in place? Do you mind sharing some details about how you did that wrap? It looks great and I'd like to do something similar.
I wish I had pictures of what it looked like when I stripped it down to install the wrap but unfortunately I didn't take any. I took the bezel out of the truck and then I removed the gear knob, the screen and hvac controls, the 120v plug, and lastly the vents. It sounds like a lot but all that stuff screws in from the back so it comes out really easily.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Great job! Keeping the bubbles out of the wrap is the challenge. Did you have to sand or prep the bezel at all?

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
they pop out(the whole assembly) I used plastic trim removal tools
There are 2 tabs at the top of the vent. You can start with a flathead screwdriver to depress those tabs, which should loosen the assembly. Once loosened, you can use trim tools to work it out of the hole. The left side one will need to be unplugged from the headlight switch, and on my 2014, the right side isn't connected to anything. You can also remove the vents and lower cases to make it easier to work with the trim pieces.

realmikeg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet! I hate the chrome trim.

Did the piece around the center console awhile back because the sun would reflect into my eyes and have wanted to do the rest ever since.