Heated seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freanky21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First, sorry for my english..
Ram 1500 2014 Outdoorsman with radio 8.4 (W/O navi)

I wonder if it's possible to install "Universal Heat seat pad with glue stripe"
in my ram, and plug it directly on my radio to the controller same as a heating original seat?

Ebay: 170717090164

thx

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First, sorry for my english..
Ram 1500 2014 Outdoorsman with radio 8.4 (W/O navi)

I wonder if it's possible to install "Universal Heat seat pad with glue stripe"
in my ram, and plug it directly on my radio to the controller same as a heating original seat?

Ebay: 170717090164

thx

More than likely not worth the hassle. Those switches are sealed and are typically a contained unit. If you can get the actual switch itself, you will have to figure out how to wire it, if you can at all. And no, it won't work with your 8.4A radio (Showing in Climate). I installed heated seats in my truck and just mount the switches on the middle console bezel.

OP
OP
F

Freanky21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for fast answer.

There he has a way with an original seat of the display in the "climate" or no way? Otherwise I will install the switch on my center console ^^

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure there's a way.. but everything comes with a price. Keep in mind that the switch bezel with the heated seats usually comes with the heated steering wheel and/or the cooling seats switches in it as well. So you will have switches that don't work anything.. which in my opinion is worse than having aftermarket switches. To get it to work properly with your stereo (if you even can) is going to be ALOT more than the $50 heated kit you bought.. ALOT MORE! Mount the switches in the console.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
not possible. would have to get new wiring harnesses for the seats along with control modules, then the switchpanel in the center stack with the heated seat option, then getting a sales code added to your truck. my previous truck i looked into doing this and just went straight to the aftermarket setup