Driver Heated Seat Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGvolFAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
I'm looking for some insight on my 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie and the problems I'm having. In current state, my heated seat and heated steering wheel do not work. My seat coolers are working. I have changed relays, checked fuses, all good. Both the heated seat and steering wheel come on for 2 seconds and shut off. I hear a click when the heated seat shuts off.

I purchased a replacement module online and went to install today. After install, my heated steering wheel works but my seat coolers no longer work, and the heated seats still do not work.

So I conclude that the heated seat panel is bad, but I can't figure out why the seat coolers don't work anymore. If I plug the old module back in, it reverts back to the current state. Is there some type of programming that has to be done with these? What else could I be missing?

Picture attached of the original module.

Attachments

• 20230911_184034.jpg
    20230911_184034.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 20

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello,
I'm looking for some insight on my 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie and the problems I'm having. In current state, my heated seat and heated steering wheel do not work. My seat coolers are working. I have changed relays, checked fuses, all good. Both the heated seat and steering wheel come on for 2 seconds and shut off. I hear a click when the heated seat shuts off.

I purchased a replacement module online and went to install today. After install, my heated steering wheel works but my seat coolers no longer work, and the heated seats still do not work.

So I conclude that the heated seat panel is bad, but I can't figure out why the seat coolers don't work anymore. If I plug the old module back in, it reverts back to the current state. Is there some type of programming that has to be done with these? What else could I be missing?

Picture attached of the original module.
Are the part numbers the same?

OP
OP
B

BIGvolFAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The old part is 04602984AF, the new part is 04602929AF.

I had read somewhere that the old ones had been discontinued, and this part "fit" per the seller.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BIGvolFAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old part is a heated/ventilated seat module. New is heated only.

04602984AF: HEATED FRONT SEATS,VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
04602929AF: HEATED FRONT SEATS
That's great info. Thank you.

What is your source for that? I'm seeing that the old part is discontinued, but hoping maybe there's another part that would work.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

What is your source for that? I'm seeing that the old part is discontinued, but hoping maybe there's another part that would work.
So for parts you are going to be looking for a later or earlier revision (preferably the former). The last 2 characters will denote the revision (yours is AF next will be AG, AH, AI, etc...). You can try searching looking for the later revision or search the MOPAR parts sites for a part that supersedes the part you have (the description will say something like "supercedes part 04602984AF" or it will list your part number then say "superceded by" and the new part number).

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Parts manuals, it's in the description of the part numbers. 04602984AF is the latest, there are no part numbers that supersede it. I think you need to look at used, online parts, ebay etc. Supersession(s): 04602984AC; 04602984AD; 04602984AE; 4602984AF

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
what temperature is it outside when you are trying to see if it works ?

I seem to recall that for seat & steering wheel heat to work,
the temperature has to be below 40°F

If it is not that cold outside, it will work for only a few seconds