How do you change the LED's in the overhead console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Just curious if anybody has or knows how to change out the led's in the overhead consoles. I have a 2015 ram sport.

The reason I ask is bc my wife had a couple interior lights out in her 2010 CRV and i grabbed some led replacements, and man, what a difference. The inside of her crv is now twice as bright as the ram. So i wanted to see what sort of led's came from the factory and upgrade them.

After i popped off the clear lens, i cant see how to get the LED out......

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I didn't think think you could change them. Doesn't the sport have led.

OP
OP
J

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I didn't think think you could change them. Doesn't the sport have led.

yes it does, but they suck. Like i said above, i just changed out regular incandescent bulbs in my wifes car to LED compatible replacements and its makes the led's in the ram look like ****. I want to get better, brighter ones.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yes it does, but they suck. Like i said above, i just changed out regular incandescent bulbs in my wifes car to LED compatible replacements and its makes the led's in the ram look like ****. I want to get better, brighter ones.

So have you changed the ones out in the ram. I know of people getting the overhead console replaced because of a bad led. I did read what you wrote above, and I didn't know your wife's car and the ram are the same. My bad.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So have you changed the ones out in the ram. I know of people getting the overhead console replaced because of a bad led. I did read what you wrote above, and I didn't know your wife's car and the ram are the same. My bad.

I think it's easy of you have the incandescent bulbs to begin with, the LED's are just plug-and-play. If you have the OEM LED's that are soldered into he board then there are difficulties.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes. But not exactly plug-and-play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Takes only a few minutes to get them replaced...

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped my console lights out on my 2014. The light is a real PITA to get out though....

Carefully pop the cover off. I used some needle nose pliers to CAREFULLY work the bulb out. You don't want to break it obviously. And the stock bulb heats up quick, so it's hard to do with just your fingers.

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped my console lights out on my 2014. The light is a real PITA to get out though....

Carefully pop the cover off. I used some needle nose pliers to CAREFULLY work the bulb out. You don't want to break it obviously. And the stock bulb heats up quick, so it's hard to do with just your fingers.

Don't use needle nose pliers to pull out the bulbs, that's just asking for trouble. Just take a piece of tape, doesn't matter what kind, and get as much of the bulb wrapped in the tape and bingo bongo you're good to go.

For OP with factory leds, yours wont be as easy. Not difficult but not the ol "rip em out and shove new ones back in."