Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, after reading through this thread again I got the front handles done today.

On the drivers side I populated connector 1 pin 8 and connector 5 pin 4, the lighted handle works as if factory, lights up when you open the door or when the lights are on.

On the passenger side I tapped into connector 5 pins 7/8, the handle doesn't light when you open the door but works with the headlights.

I know the back ones will work as factory when hooked up as well, so I decided it wasn't worth it to me to do the autoenginuity tool.

CGCampbell07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins

On the drivers side I populated connector 1 pin 8 and connector 5 pin 4, the lighted handle works as if factory, lights up when you open the door or when the lights are on.

On the passenger side I tapped into connector 5 pins 7/8, the handle doesn't light when you open the door but works with the headlights.

I know the back ones will work as factory when hooked up as well, so I decided it wasn't worth it to me to do the autoenginuity tool.
How did you connect to the light wires? I just bought some larmie door panels and I am going through this thread and would love to hook up the lights as well.
Also can i get part number for the terminals that is needed?

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deer Guy- so you got this to work with the AE tool? you actually found the right thing to activate and it wasn't smoke and mirrors like all the other things i hear about with that tool? i bought a full door harness instead of splicing just to see if i had power and would it work and my pins are dead, nothing.... i will be making custom harnesses now for the other 3 doors now that i see what is going on. But does anyone have that LCJ code available to activate? further, if you buy this,

Mopar Accessories 82213026AB: Interior Ambient Lighting 2011-14 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab | JEGS

won't they have to add codes to make this work, or is this just working off your under dash lights?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Deer Guy- so you got this to work with the AE tool? you actually found the right thing to activate and it wasn't smoke and mirrors like all the other things i hear about with that tool? i bought a full door harness instead of splicing just to see if i had power and would it work and my pins are dead, nothing.... i will be making custom harnesses now for the other 3 doors now that i see what is going on. But does anyone have that LCJ code available to activate? further, if you buy this,

Mopar Accessories 82213026AB: Interior Ambient Lighting 2011-14 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab | JEGS

won't they have to add codes to make this work, or is this just working off your under dash lights?

Yes I was able to activate the led ambient lights using AE in my truck.
ECU5 - Doors
Door Handle LED Present
Door Map Pocket LED Present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey, i have LCJ on my build sheet, LED lighting, what is the code you need for ambient lighting so i can see if i have that one? i assume there is another code as my lights dont work!

Thank you Deereguy !! i sent my damn AE tool back after a week of fighting.

But did i read someone said you cannot sell it? you can- i use mine on my Ram, my neighbor's charger, my neighbors Durango and another charger.... they are not limited to one vehicle, But now i wish i had mine back!!

Anyone live in the Tahoe - Vegas area with an AE tool that wants to make some money :)

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rang 10, now I am confused, all of a sudden your door module lights are on all the time? just tapping into them didn't cause that- you sure you don't have DRL on or something like that? the window and lock modules only light up when your lights are on.

I did it as described and it works fine now. For the rear i just bought new harnesses as there was a missing pin in the body to door harness that comes when you upgrade the harness to the limited harness.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can i PLEASE get some help with this. My back doors are perfect, i used new harnesses, no problems. But my front doors are killing me! Pin 3+9 no power at all, shocking as back doors work perfectly? bezels on when doors open and off when closed, on when lights on, of when lights off.

Fronts, no matter what i am doing they want to be on all the time and my darn window switch wants to be on all the time, even with the lights off? maybe its because i am tinkering at night/ does the light sentinel know? Why i have no power to 3 +9 when my back doors are perfect i don't care, at this point i am ready to borrow, pay to get that AE tool on loan again or can someone please tell me are my window switches supposed to light up all the time? i was asking Rang10 like i thought i knew what i was talking about and i am so lost help!!

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can i PLEASE get some help with this. My back doors are perfect, i used new harnesses, no problems. But my front doors are killing me! Pin 3+9 no power at all, shocking as back doors work perfectly? bezels on when doors open and off when closed, on when lights on, of when lights off.

Fronts, no matter what i am doing they want to be on all the time and my darn window switch wants to be on all the time, even with the lights off? maybe its because i am tinkering at night/ does the light sentinel know? Why i have no power to 3 +9 when my back doors are perfect i don't care, at this point i am ready to borrow, pay to get that AE tool on loan again or can someone please tell me are my window switches supposed to light up all the time? i was asking Rang10 like i thought i knew what i was talking about and i am so lost help!!

The backs work because they are spliced into the footwell lamp feed directly from the BCM. The fronts won’t work because they run through the door control module and for some reason pins 3 and 9 will not be active until the feature is activated in the door section of the BCM. Why RAM engineers decided to activate the rears all the time but the fronts only when the code is added, I have no idea.. All I know is that If you activate the feature in the BCM, pins 3 and 9 come alive on the door control module.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why RAM engineers decided to activate the rears all the time but the fronts only when the code is added, I have no idea

My guess would be because the front doors are used across all of the truck platforms... Regular Cab, Crew Cab, ect... So, in order to control what works on the different packages, they add that to the computer. The rear doors, they know will only be on the crew cabs, so they can just skip that step, so to speak.

PiperPilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone changed the color of the lights? I want red and haven't a clue if it can be done in a menu or setting or if I have to change the LED. Whatever it takes, red is where it is at and blue is not.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thank you Deereguy- can i grab that wire coming down the body harness that goes into the b pillar for the back doors? and use it to power the front lights?

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Piper, relax a little, this thread is in getting the factory lights to work for everyone. Do you have them working on your truck already and just don't like the color- open a thread for that so you are not buried in this one on page 18.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
thank you Deereguy- can i grab that wire coming down the body harness that goes into the b pillar for the back doors? and use it to power the front lights?

Yes you could grab it there and run to each door. You would need to get a ground somewhere also.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine

This works, however the light never actually turns off... it just get extremely dim (driver side)

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, Deere Guy- so I don't actually need to send the signal or feed back along to the BCM or anything? i get confused when i see DRIVER and RETURN and all that- i know how electricity work and was confused if there were somehow computer controlled low voltage lights - but if i can just grab that feed - which is one wire that my new rear harnesses have which my previous ones didn't, but i did in my body harness, than i am good to go with a ground. There is a ground in the white plug in the door, the black wire in the door module.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you Ram Man- but i sunk a boat load on harnesses and these bezels, i am not giving up till it's as perfect as it can be short of buying that AE tool.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Holiday bump

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member