Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm going to retro fit a set in, I just purchased 3mm led bulbs and bezels. When they arrive and I go to install them, I'll keep everyone posted. Going to create the harness stated above. Stay tuned. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent you a pm. Curious on where you had purchased everything from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So one day I come across this thread and think, "heck yeah" I am going to connect mine up. I already have the Laramie panels just never hooked the wires up.

So I bought all the connectors after I tested the wires on C5 Pins 3 and 9. Now a week later I get all the connectors in the mail, start wiring everything up and test one last time, and nothing bleh, bleh, bleh.

I tried every wire that was empty on connector C5. I ran out of time/energy/daylight, so tom I will try hooking the wires up to some of the other empty wire holes in the other connectors.

Anyone else have any luck with hooking up to specific pins?

I know I can just splice in but that is not the route I wanna go. I wanna hook it up the right way, I might just end up buying the Laramie door panel harness/module. But I know that will be pricey.

Any help guys????

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So one day I come across this thread and think, "heck yeah" I am going to connect mine up. I already have the Laramie panels just never hooked the wires up.

So I bought all the connectors after I tested the wires on C5 Pins 3 and 9. Now a week later I get all the connectors in the mail, start wiring everything up and test one last time, and nothing bleh, bleh, bleh.

I tried every wire that was empty on connector C5. I ran out of time/energy/daylight, so tom I will try hooking the wires up to some of the other empty wire holes in the other connectors.

Anyone else have any luck with hooking up to specific pins?

I know I can just splice in but that is not the route I wanna go. I wanna hook it up the right way, I might just end up buying the Laramie door panel harness/module. But I know that will be pricey.

Any help guys????

So when you tested pins 3 and 9 you had power but when you put the pins from the led in the connector you don't?

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So when you tested pins 3 and 9 you had power but when you put the pins from the led in the connector you don't?

I tested 3 and 9 on a Monday and then ordered all the connectors on Friday, and what not to make it all plug and play. Then roughly on the next Tuesday when all the parts came in I took everything back apart to hook it all up. Tested 3 and 9 again to make sure and I have nothing. Doesn't make sense to me???

I did not go to the dealer in between testing the pins 3 and 9.

I DONT go to the stealership unless i have to, lol

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interested in seeing how this plays out. Good luck!

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well guys I figured it all out, it was actually a pretty simple thing. I now have my driver side door panel lights hooked up. It will take a long post to inform all of yall so let me type it up.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well guys I figured it all out, it was actually a pretty simple thing. I now have my driver side door panel lights hooked up. It will take a long post to inform all of yall so let me type it up.

Excited to hear how I can get my lights working again!

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well where's the update!

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
UPDATE -

I found out that it actually matters which wire “yellow/white” that you connect to the pins. I am pretty sure this is why I had the initial problem of (it worked one day and not the next day). I did find numerous combinations that would give the lights “constant” power, (never shut off), but I didn’t want that. Sometimes my truck sits for 5 days when I ride the bike to work. Didn’t want a dead battery. I really don’t think these little lights would drain both my batteries, but I didn’t want to chance it.

GOOD NEWS -

Good news for the driver side door. I went through every single “opened/free” pin on the door panel module. What I came up with was the following had power with the headlights and door opening/closing -

Connector 1 Pin 8 mixed w/ Connector 5 Pin 4
Connector 1 Pin 5 mixed w/ Connector 5 Pin 4

I choose to connect to C1P8/C5P4 and I branched it off to my 2 lights. Which is the door handle and door map pocket lights. It works, its not as bright as I would like it to be, but it works!!!

BAD NEWS -

I found absolutely nothing that would work for the passenger door. I connected to pin after pin after pin with all different connectors.

Not sure if you can tell, but I like a clean/ocd install. I do not like halfassed.

PS - My truck is a 2015 2500 Cummins SLT. Build date of April/2015

IMG_4296_zpsx17wjozw.jpg
IMG_4294_zpshv2frhii.jpg
IMG_4292_zpsukj920if.jpg

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi Deere Guy I can't open the pics showing the parts required to build the harness for the door handle LED that you have posted .

Am I doing something wrong that is not allowing me to view the pics ?
Just comes up with a photobucket icon .

Thanks .

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi Deere Guy I can't open the pics showing the parts required to build the harness for the door handle LED that you have posted .

Am I doing something wrong that is not allowing me to view the pics ?

Just comes up with a photobucket icon .

Thanks .

Sorry man. I haven't got them fixed yet. I've been told that the forum mods are working on a solution to port the pics. In the meantime, if you want to pm me your email address, I'll get them sent over to you.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
where does one tap into for the rear door handle lights ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions .

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will be using the door module pins for the front handles as will be activating the bcm for the interior door handle lights .
Just not sure where to tie into the rear for the rear handle lights ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I will be using the door module pins for the front handles as will be activating the bcm for the interior door handle lights .

Just not sure where to tie into the rear for the rear handle lights ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

From the factory they are spliced into the wire that originates at the BCM C6/F connector. It would run through pin 4 on each door connector which is in the B pillar. It would then continue from there over to handles and the map pockets. The grounds should be in pin 7 of the door connectors. You could also get the feed on the passenger side c pillar i450 connnector pin 6. Should be a white/light green strip wire. Th schematics call for 18AWG wire for both the feed and the ground.
2418ead7c22fddaa11a9a2ec63425444.jpg

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I found the connector that goes from the cab to the door .
The pin 4 is populated with the wire you had mentioned from the bcm side .
The other side of the connector is empty going thru the door .
Would you happen to know what pin I would need to populate the empty slot in the connector so I could add the extra wire thru the door for the light .
Thanks for all your help so far .

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pretty sure you need the 1.5 male terminal for pin 4. They are yazaki terminals.

fe9ceabc89a558344f254af2f9d2d155.jpg