leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone swap out to leather seats. I am thinking about swapping out from the grey cloth to black leather all around on my 13 quad cab. black would in essence match, since 1 its black and 2 because everything else in the truck is pretty much black

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about this long term. Since I have a quad cab, for the most part, it's just the 2 front seats that get abused over time.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought about having my seats redone in leather, but it turns out, for us, the fabric is actually pretty nice. It does collect a lot of dog hair, but we don't mind it at all. Now, I have looked at Clazzio's leather seat covers and will probably go that route. For about half of the cost, you get the same results.

Clazzio Seat Covers - #1 Trusted Site - Customizable Leather Seat Covers

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen the clazzios, I figure if I am going to do it I want to do it right and just get them recovered. place in nashville that does it and does a good job uses katzkins and or roadwire brands. 1200 bucks out the door for the swap. My question is how hard is it to recover the seats yourself? saves you around 500 bucks

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jknappen is that just for the fronts? I have front buckets and the rear bench. What is the name of the business?

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know a guy that does upholstery, according to him it's not fun. Now I've seen guys do basic stuff for older boat seats and stuff, that seems not too bad. I wouldn't want to do a car seat that I want to look good though. Unless of course you're an experienced seamstress.. probably wouldn't be a stretch.

Depending how dedicated you are... and how desperate to find other companies that do it. There was a place out of Lexington, KY that I was always told did great work. (Can't remember how far a drive between Nashville and Lexington) Coach Craft or something like that. That was a number of years ago though.

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jknappen is that just for the fronts? I have front buckets and the rear bench. What is the name of the business?

Place is called cole brothers auto trim. Its in madison. I got a quote on my charger all around front and rear for 1200. That was for the roadwire leather.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The Katskins look decent but appear puffy or to float off the seat imo. Maybe those are just covers.

wibble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I'm going to check out that website. Thanks!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Hey, thanks for that link! I have never heard of them and they are just down the road from me in Oklahoma City! Next time I'm over there, I might have to stop in and check out their shop. They have more options than Clazzios offers.

They even make a ready to sell Ram kit for $874 w/ free shipping to the 48 states!

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put in leather seats from leatherseats.com. 789 shipped for a crew cab. I have a black express. I had to buy new black headrest guides. I put in heated pads too. Omitted the E.T. middle headrest. Took about 5 hours to do it myself. Opening doors to taking pictures. The hardest part for me was the rear cushion. It was all one big piece and it has three hogrings to each side plus Velcro. But they look good. I like em.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just put in leather seats from leatherseats.com. 789 shipped for a crew cab. I have a black express. I had to buy new black headrest guides. I put in heated pads too. Omitted the E.T. middle headrest. Took about 5 hours to do it myself. Opening doors to taking pictures. The hardest part for me was the rear cushion. It was all one big piece and it has three hogrings to each side plus Velcro. But they look good. I like em.

And what about said pictures???

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea! I think you forgot to upload the pictures you took. :D

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Damn just watched their video. Looks fairly easy to and the price is right.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to ad the mopar symbol in the backrest but dodge/ram, wouldn't release the trade mark for use in the ram. Something about trying to separate the two brands. I build seats for the Chevy Malibu for a living. I have an unfair advantage, but any monkey can do it. You'll need to get about 40 hogrings. You can reuse the old ones but its tedious getting them out to reuse them. Then you have the clamp them, which can be even more tedious/difficult. I used a pneumatic hogring gun. Getting the back seat done is the hardest. It's big. It's cumbersome.

brent.nobles.3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have katskins and love them in my 13 express rcsb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, thanks for that link! I have never heard of them and they are just down the road from me in Oklahoma City! Next time I'm over there, I might have to stop in and check out their shop. They have more options than Clazzios offers.

They even make a ready to sell Ram kit for $874 w/ free shipping to the 48 states!

We're neighbors then. I'm in Moore.