Katzkin Leather and OEM Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I am buying my 2020 Ram out from a lease. I want to do some upgrades. I am thinking about the Katzkin Leather but I have heated cloth seats now.

Question is - has anyone (from experience) upgraded their seats to Katzkin and left the OEM warmers? I do not want to get the Katzskin warmers - but keep the controls where they are now.

Thanks!

bigdodge

Reaction score
I have done it and while they don't seem as warm due to the thicker and more dense material it's probably still better then you would get from katzkin

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep, works just fine for me.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am buying my 2020 Ram out from a lease. I want to do some upgrades. I am thinking about the Katzkin Leather but I have heated cloth seats now.

Question is - has anyone (from experience) upgraded their seats to Katzkin and left the OEM warmers? I do not want to get the Katzskin warmers - but keep the controls where they are now.

Thanks!

The dealership where I bought my truck had a truck on the showroom floor with Katzkin seat covers installed. I'm confident the seat heaters were still functional but I didn't test them.

I have done it and while they don't seem as warm due to the thicker and more dense material it's probably still better then you would get from katzkin

I can never keep the heater on high for more than a few minutes anyway. Maybe with the additional insulation of Katzkin, I could use the high setting more often or longer.

Paul Drumheller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Thanks!
Did you end up sticking with the OEM heated sets? I'll likely be getting Katskin as well and will have the same question. Currently my heated cloth seats aren't overly warm - but they say thats because they are cloth...
My last truck I upgraded to Katskin and added their heaters which worked well enough, however they needed to add a switch for control on the base of the seat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357