Mirror switch buttons dont light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone else noticed the window switches light up, but the mirror switches don't light up ?> anyone got a problem with this? my 2015 Durango, with what looks like the same switch all lights up and my Charger does as well, I saw other Durangos and Jeep Grand Cherokees and they all light up- anyone doing anything about this?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah this has always been one of those small things that has bugged me. I bet you could easily rig them up to the window switches and they would light up and light up brighter when either side is pushed. Haven't seen anyone do it on here though...

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine don't light up until I select which mirror I want to move, then only that selection switch lights up. The other buttons do not. Kinda bugs me, really.

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well glad to hear form you Limey- that is what we are talking about fixing :)

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok Doc the Tech working on truck is trying to add the GN5 code. He has no idea how to get the code added to the truck. I told him to go through WIC and he said he us not sure what that is. I just talked to him. He is wiilling to try if he knows what to do. Can you tell me what WIC stands for and what he needs to do? I am hoping you get this soon he is trying to add the code now.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nevermind he got it figured out (Warranty Information Center) he cannot access that menu from his screen. It has to be done by the service manager. He is going to try but he isn't sure weather or not he will do it. He is going to do his best
The sevice manager is on vacation untill next week. Not feeling to good about it but I am going to keep trying.

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the switch module does not have a light behind it, you need to get a switch from a Jeep Grand CHerokee or something like that which has 4 windows and the lighted switch. Problem is the wiring is not all the same, there are child lock outs on the Jeep and the Ram is a 2 plug install from what i can see and the Jeep is a one plug. I know we can rewire it, but has anyone else been working on this before i dig back into this?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
the switch module does not have a light behind it, you need to get a switch from a Jeep Grand CHerokee or something like that which has 4 windows and the lighted switch. Problem is the wiring is not all the same, there are child lock outs on the Jeep and the Ram is a 2 plug install from what i can see and the Jeep is a one plug. I know we can rewire it, but has anyone else been working on this before i dig back into this?

Sounds like a hack, far from the factory right way?

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is your point? what are you trying to say? i dont follow.