passenger seat rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
noticed comming home today from work going down a country road when i hit the bumps the passsenger seat would rattle, kinda like a muffled metal around foam rattle. Then i gave the side of the seat a few...love taps to make sure that was it...yup the upper parrenger seat somewhere inside is making a rattle at times...poo, i hate rattles..lol

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a rattle in the right rear window when it's down... drives me crazy... or crazier...

Purodude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
noticed comming home today from work going down a country road when i hit the bumps the passsenger seat would rattle, kinda like a muffled metal around foam rattle. Then i gave the side of the seat a few...love taps to make sure that was it...yup the upper parrenger seat somewhere inside is making a rattle at times...poo, i hate rattles..lol

Mine did the same. But it turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the door.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine did the same. But it turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the door.

That was a constant problem with my '07 Daytona and a sometimes issue with my '10 1500. Interestingly not a problem with my 12 Challenger or Ram.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that sucks

Jay D Sambel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have a 2017 ram 2500 and have the same dull rattle in the seat. I unzipped the passenger seat and felt toward the top and found a thick piece of rubber that was bouncing off the seat frame. I folded up some card board and put it between the rubber and the frame hit the seat and the rattle is gone.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are you sure it's not the scissor jack under the seat? If not its fairly easy to remove the seat cover and foam to find the problem.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk