Rear View Auto Dim Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

branight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally bought my dream truck a few weeks ago, a 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie. I love everything about it! The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the rear view mirror to do its auto dimming thing. The manual says that when I push the button on the mirror it should make a green LED light up. I've never been able to see any light turn on no matter how many times I push the button. What am I doing wrong?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Odd, mine is ON whenever I start the truck. It turns off if I push the button... Then again I have never left it off so, I am not sure if it turns back on automatically. The light is just below the mirror, and on the left? of the button I think (sorry, I don't have my truck handy to check lol).

Have your tried shining a light into the sensor to see if it will dim w/o the light? Maybe the green LED is just broken, or something.

OP
OP
B

branight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried with a really bright flashlight and I can't detect any kind of a change in the mirror or see any LEDs lighting up. I guess a trip to the dealer is in my future.

Thanks for the response. I wanted to make sure something was actually wrong before I went to the dealer, and it wasn't just me thinking something was wrong when it wasn't.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
just my dome lights make mine dim. I don't even need to use a real bright light, just turn on ur dome light and if you can see urself easily after a couple seconds then it's broken haha

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you checked for burnt fuses before you go to the dealer?
That is an expensive lesson/fuse; don't ask me how I know (3 days before Christmas- argh!)

HEMI1529

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine done this, fuse was the culprit

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member