Rear view mirror lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Challenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just bought a new to me 2010 RAM and on the rear view mirror there is a power button with a small green light on each side? What does it turn on/off ?? The light on the right side doesn't light up like the left one?

Is it to turn on the heated mirrors? What does turn on the heated mirrors if that's not it??

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Could be an auto dimming mirror. My old car had one and they are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like an autodimming rear view mirror, I miss having that.

603photog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just bought a new to me 2010 RAM and on the rear view mirror there is a power button with a small green light on each side? What does it turn on/off ?? The light on the right side doesn't light up like the left one?

Is it to turn on the heated mirrors? What does turn on the heated mirrors if that's not it??

Yup, auto-dimming mirror. The "light" on the right that doesn't light up isn't a light at all - it's the photo sensor that controls the dimming function. The light on the left just indicates whether the function is turned on or off.

OP
OP
C

Challenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the info! One more mirror question, what turns on the heated mirrors? I'm an airline pilot and used to having a switch for everything!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i believe if you push the right roatory *** that is the hvac selector that turns on your heated mirrors