2009 4.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Hey guys im new to this forum and i just got a 2009 4.7L slt a couple of months ago and i wanted to know is there anything i can do to up the performance, anything i can bolt on or add to increase hp and torque besides trying to get a hemi?

Thanks

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Been asked before, general consensus is just sell what you got and find one with a 5.7 HEMI. You will waste a lot of money trying to squeak out extra HP and basically will spend the same amount if not more had you just got the HEMI.

Probably not what you want to hear but the 4.7 is just a basic entry level V8 for it's time and not something that brings a lot when modded.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Pretty much what hoot said. The 4.7 is a pretty decent engine when maintained. However, it's a little too weak for a full size truck. You could max out bolt ons & still get spanked by a stock 5.7.

Intake, exhaust, tuner will help out any vehicle. Headers, cams, heads if you have the budget.