2015/2016 RAM Diablo/PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, new member.
I'm very interested in getting the 2015-2016 Ram 5.7 Diablo i2 Tuner & ECU from Matt. For my 2016 RAM R/T. Who is running this on there 2015/2016 RAM? Any info will help.
Thanks!

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking to get one, I think. Just in sticker shock about the whole locked PCM deal. I do not plan to heavily mod this one like I did my '14 but they driveability would be nice again with a tune plus I want to run 34-35" tires.

But ****. Going from a used tuner for $300 + $100 for a tune to $1000 is a hell of a jump ;/

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to get one, I think. Just in sticker shock about the whole locked PCM deal. I do not plan to heavily mod this one like I did my '14 but they driveability would be nice again with a tune plus I want to run 34-35" tires.

But ****. Going from a used tuner for $300 + $100 for a tune to $1000 is a hell of a jump ;/
I understand the sticker shock. I'm looking at 1500$CAD for it. I really would like to tune it. I have max out simple boltons I can do. Mbrp Cat back, K&N CAI and a Moe's 87mm throttle body. Would love to do JBA long tubes and there cat delete pipe but need to be able to tune it first.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Holy crap $1k! What kind of tune ability dp you get? What's in the tune? Why is the PCM locked out? New to Ram so trying to learn as much as possible

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy crap $1k! What kind of tune ability dp you get? What's in the tune? Why is the PCM locked out? New to Ram so trying to learn as much as possible
I have never had a Diablo tunner or used one before myself. From doing my homework it has 87 tune,89tune, 91tune and 93 tune. Also if you buy it from Matt at Moe's performance you can get it with a Hemifever custom tuning.

You can thank Fiat Chrysler for locking all of there PCMs 2015 and up!

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have never had a Diablo tunner or used one before myself. From doing my homework it has 87 tune,89tune, 91tune and 93 tune. Also if you buy it from Matt at Moe's performance you can get it with a Hemifever custom tuning.

You can thank Fiat Chrysler for locking all of there PCMs 2015 and up!

What all is in the Hemifever custom tuning? Does that allow you access to someone who can do a custom tune for your specific needs? There was something like this in the Jeep/Chevy world, but just trying to understand. Thanks for the quick response, and not beating the new guy up too hard!!!:favorites13:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Yes, the Hemifever custom tuning will be written specifically for your truck based on your mods. Tune updates are also free which is a huge bonus.

I'm running setup on my own 2015 8sp, and just can't image driving it with stock tuning again. Power, throttle response, and shift firmness are very noticeable with the custom tuning. It is more expensive now than it used to be with us needing the unlocked PCM, but it is still the best hp/dollar mod you can buy for the truck.

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What all is in the Hemifever custom tuning? Does that allow you access to someone who can do a custom tune for your specific needs? There was something like this in the Jeep/Chevy world, but just trying to understand. Thanks for the quick response, and not beating the new guy up too hard!!!:favorites13:
Hemi450hp explained it. No worries, your welcome. I'm new on the RAMFOURM myself but not new to RAMS and Hemis

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the Hemifever custom tuning will be written specifically for your truck based on your mods. Tune updates are also free which is a huge bonus.

I'm running setup on my own 2015 8sp, and just can't image driving it with stock tuning again. Power, throttle response, and shift firmness are very noticeable with the custom tuning. It is more expensive now than it used to be with us needing the unlocked PCM, but it is still the best hp/dollar mod you can buy for the truck.
Thanks for the response Matt. Will be buying it from you. Can't wait to get tuning on my RAM R/T! I already talk to my dealership he's cool with it!

Like I said I have 0 experience with tunners so all the info I can get on this is great!

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

**** that alone is worth the $1k! Welp guess I will do the catch can, then this, since I can get updates! Your website kicks major ass btw. One stop shop for performance!

EDIT! What's the major difference between the Trinity and the i2 tuners?

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
**** that alone is worth the $1k! Welp guess I will do the catch can, then this, since I can get updates! Your website kicks major ass btw. One stop shop for performance!

EDIT! What's the major difference between the Trinity and the i2 tuners?
I bought a catch can and one of his throttle bodies. Very happy with his service! Have not installed them yet.

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a catch can and one of his throttle bodies. Very happy with his service! Have not installed them yet.
The performance is the same between the two tuners. The trinity has motor gauges and can record 0-60 / 1/4 times

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have heard of some 8spd ram owners with the Hemifever tune having problems in regards to the Rev limter and the truck going into limp mode? Is this true and how would I avoid it?
Matt.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
That has nothing to do with the Hemifever tuning...that is simply just people trying to manually shift and revving past the rev limiter. Its actually better with the Hemifever tune because they will raise the rev limiter to give you more of a cushion if manually shifting.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I guess if I wanted to shift all the time I would have bought a manual........good when towing.....

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That has nothing to do with the Hemifever tuning...that is simply just people trying to manually shift and revving past the rev limiter. Its actually better with the Hemifever tune because they will raise the rev limiter to give you more of a cushion if manually shifting.
Thank you for the clarification Matt! :) can't wait to do the tuning with the hemifever!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I guess if I wanted to shift all the time I would have bought a manual........good when towing.....

The manual shifting is more for the guys at the drag strip that want to be able to rev over the 5700rpm factory shift point. Otherwise, there is really no need to shift higher than that.

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The manual shifting is more for the guys at the drag strip that want to be able to rev over the 5700rpm factory shift point. Otherwise, there is really no need to shift higher than that.
This is all good info! I only manually shift when passing. Other than that I leave it alone. Also looking forward to turn off MDS! So what would Sean raise my Rev limiter to in one of his custom tunes? Saw a video of a Ram R/T with a Hemifever tune in action! I'm hooked now! https://youtu.be/gaD09H37sL8