About to order diablo, do I need a pc for hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not have a pc so No reason to get this tuner right now if I can't download the tunes to the tuner. I have an iPad an iPhone, will either one get the job done?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I think on 2016 and 2017 you need it no matter what - canned or custom tunes

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2016 and up yes you have to have the pcm. I just tuned mine and it runs great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually on a 2015 and up my bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I think on 2016 and 2017 you need it no matter what - canned or custom tunes

There's a difference between PC(Personal computer) and PCM(Powertrain Control Module). The OP was asking about needing a PC for custom tuning.

Answer I believe is yes. You need the DSdownloader to pull tunes and data logs off the tool to send and to upload custom tunes to the tool. I don't believe they have a DSdownloader that is apple compatible. The sure way to know is to contact DSP tech support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a difference between PC(Personal computer) and PCM(Powertrain Control Module). The OP was asking about needing a PC for custom tuning.

Answer I believe is yes. You need the DSdownloader to pull tunes and data logs off the tool to send and to upload custom tunes to the tool. I don't believe they have a DSdownloader that is apple compatible. The sure way to know is to contact DSP tech support.

Yes sir you are right. I was asking about a personal computer. Spoke with diablo today and they said for any custom tunes a pc is required and they suggest doing a download for most current update for canned tunes. Thanks to all y'all who responded

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
You can make a friend with a laptop or break into someone's home and use their computer... your choice but you can download everything you need on to said computer and just save all your files onto a thumb drive.