ARH LT Headers - Jet Coat Recommended??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
My next big purchase is ARH LT headers. I see these are 304SS, but unlike JBA, ARH doesn't offer them ceramic-coated. I understand ceramic coating to be useful due to:

• rust prevention
  • better gas scavenging
  • dissipates heat better

Jet Coating is very reputable, albeit $$$ I am sure. Any reason beyond cost not to coat these headers?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Cost is the only downside to the coating. I had Jet Hot coat the set that was on my 2011, and now going on my 2014. There really isnt any noticeable performance increase form the coating, but it will keep the headers looking new longer.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Cost is the only downside to the coating. I had Jet Hot coat the set that was on my 2011, and now going on my 2014. There really isnt any noticeable performance increase form the coating, but it will keep the headers looking new longer.

Thanks Matt. I will be ordering these soon from you. :happy107:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I defiantly recommend getting them done! I had a local shop ceramic coat mine inside and out. They also did the y pipe as well. They use a plug so as not to damage the high flow cats on inside. They charged me $325. Well worth it because once they are on they are on. Mine still look new after 2 years. ARH well worth it fit perfect!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I defiantly recommend getting them done! I had a local shop ceramic coat mine inside and out. They also did the y pipe as well. They use a plug so as not to damage the high flow cats on inside. They charged me $325. Well worth it because once they are on they are on. Mine still look new after 2 years. ARH well worth it fit perfect!

Wow that is a good price!

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
My next big purchase is ARH LT headers. I see these are 304SS, but unlike JBA, ARH doesn't offer them ceramic-coated. I understand ceramic coating to be useful due to:

• rust prevention
  • better gas scavenging
  • dissipates heat better

Jet Coating is very reputable, albeit $$$ I am sure. Any reason beyond cost not to coat these headers?

Jet Hot scam alert!!!!! They gave me a price of $275 to coat my LT headers. After I shipped them to Jet Hot they sent me the bill of $600, after I shipped my headers across the united states I decided to pay up. I called them and they blamed me, said I dident provide them with the correct info. When you get a Quote from them you upload a photo of the headers so they can see what your coating. Either way $600 + shipping I was over $700.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Jet Hot scam alert!!!!! They gave me a price of $275 to coat my LT headers. After I shipped them to Jet Hot they sent me the bill of $600, after I shipped my headers across the united states I decided to pay up. I called them and they blamed me, said I dident provide them with the correct info. When you get a Quote from them you upload a photo of the headers so they can see what your coating. Either way $600 + shipping I was over $700.

You confirmed it for me, HH. I got an "oh by the way, I see you show a Y pipe in your uploaded photo. That is an additional $400." Ummmm, no.

Incidentally, I just got a call on my mobile from Nick at American Racing Headers. Nice guy. He walked me through fitment with my Cat-back Magnaflow exhaust. When the subject changed to coatings, he asked if I raced in Arizona or lived in the middle East. He said the SS304 will not generate that much more heat, especially on the road. And since it's stainless, they won't rust out unless I "parked it in the Atlantic ocean." I may not do the ceramic after all, but if I do... it won't be with Jet Hot!

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Check your local powdered coaters. In my opinion it's worth it

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

• rust prevention
  • better gas scavenging
  • dissipates heat better

Before you put them on buy some high temp exhaust ceramic coat and spray it down urself . Much cheaper . Maybe not as good as sending them away but that's what u did to my arh long tubes. I don't drive my truck in the snow or salt anyways so corrosion won't be as much of an issue for me . But I love my long tubes!!!!

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Blacked out brilliant black bighorn
Fully functional hood
Custom quad switchback halo
Fuel vapors wrapped in 33"x12.5nittos
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
Painted bushwhacker flares
Color matched cab spoiler
87mm TB

jimmyjames636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought arh longtubes for my truck. After having bbk shorties rust out and crack in multiple places after one winter in michigan. Regardless of them being stainless steel and trying to not drive my truck as much in the winter. I had them ceramic coated as well. Its well worth it. If your paying that much for headers. Do it the right way the first time and make sure they are protected regardless of where you live. Good luck on the buy and enjoy them! The fitment on my 09 was pretty much spot on. :)

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Jet hot is great and worth the dough IMHO :)

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Found a local ceramic coater here in Central, Tx. He quoted my $350 for both the LT's and the Y pipe. And those 1 3/4" headers are ORDERED! Thanks Matt @ Moes. Cannot wait to slap them on.