ARH LT Headers - ShadeTree DYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
back in business. the shop retorqued the headers and replaced the heater hose (at their cost).

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
. Jumping on it while in the cab (that's with a full dynamat setup too).

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn that sounds good!!!!!! Glad you got the hose problem straightened out.
Jay

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Nice work! How has it been running since you got everything tightened down? Any other issues?

Runs like a dream. I did a once over from the topside, but I will get underneath tomorrow and check clearance for brakelines, electrical lines. I read here on the forum that some have had issues with the headers being close enough to baking these.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

I don't know a bunch about headers so don't hate on me. Don't you want the ports of the headers to be smooth for better flow? These look really good on the outside but look rough to me on the business side. Maybe this doesn't have enough effect on a street engine & would only be noticeable on a race engine.
As I said don't hate on me I am just curious as I may do this mod down the road on my 6.4 & I think ARH is the only company currently that offers headers for the 2500.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I don't know a bunch about headers so don't hate on me. Don't you want the ports of the headers to be smooth for better flow? These look really good on the outside but look rough to me on the business side. Maybe this doesn't have enough effect on a street engine & would only be noticeable on a race engine.
As I said don't hate on me I am just curious as I may do this mod down the road on my 6.4 & I think ARH is the only company currently that offers headers for the 2500.

Lol no worries. Could be camera angle and/or light from my iphone? But with 30 RWHP and 29 RWT... hell they could look like a ******'s pimpled ass inside, lol. it's working for me.

Here's what is pretty cool about ARH. 100% American made (dunno if other brands are, just pointing this out). Nick is the owner and will personally call you on the phone and answer every question you have. The number 1 reason I initially went with ARH was all the great feedback from owners on this forum stating the fitment was topnotch. After speaking with Nick, that did it for me. He did try talking me out of ceramic coating the T304 stainless, but I told him I was going that route regardless.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He tried talking you OUT of the ceramic coating? What was the reasoning? Everything I've read said it's a must.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
He tried talking you OUT of the ceramic coating? What was the reasoning? Everything I've read said it's a must.

Yep, said no need as T304 won't rust. I told him it wasn't about rust, it was about heat dissipation.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Lol no worries. Could be camera angle and/or light from my iphone? But with 30 RWHP and 29 RWT... hell they could look like a ******'s pimpled ass inside, lol. it's working for me.

Here's what is pretty cool about ARH. 100% American made (dunno if other brands are, just pointing this out). Nick is the owner and will personally call you on the phone and answer every question you have. The number 1 reason I initially went with ARH was all the great feedback from owners on this forum stating the fitment was topnotch. After speaking with Nick, that did it for me. He did try talking me out of ceramic coating the T304 stainless, but I told him I was going that route regardless.

Yeah I have seen, other than a tune, headers are the best bolt on you can do. This is one of those things that I do not understand why auto manufacturer don't install at the factory. It is something that boost HP without sacrificing mpg. Even mass produced it must be much more expensive to do equal tubes over manifolds.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I am torn. For me it is the Hemifever tune, then 4.56 front/rear gearing + LSD , then LT headers in order of best gains or the headers then the gears. Regardless, I am seriously in love with my truck now. I had no F'n idea this kind of daily driver power would be under by foot when I started this journey. I am now researching performance brakes now. LOL true story.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrat's on the success you've had thus far!!!! However, we both know the journey never ends. :naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
:bowroflwerd6:

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am torn. For me it is the Hemifever tune, then 4.56 front/rear gearing + LSD , then LT headers in order of best gains or the headers then the gears. Regardless, I am seriously in love with my truck now. I had no F'n idea this kind of daily driver power would be under by foot when I started this journey. I am now researching performance brakes now. LOL true story.

Sweet! You ever see what your 0-60 is for the hell of it? I haven't had an opportunity to compare post header install yet, but definitely notice a difference at higher rpm.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Dunno, but I do have the Trinity, I could use that for rough number. I want to get this baby dyno'd formally. I think I found a shop that will do it for $200.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like to get a 0-60 just for fun since I don't go to the track anymore. Plus it's fun to poke fun at my buddy that my big lifted crew cab goes 0-60 faster than his Civic lol.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Just trying to say congrat's on the work you've done so far and that modding never seems to end. I guess the computer didn't say it right.
Jay

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be sure to retorque header bolts after about 500 miles!!! I didn’t and it’s was brought to shop for a weird knock/tic.... turns out with help from this forum... it was diagnosed as manifold leak due to loosening header bolts. Let it be noted I used stage 8 locking header bolts. Still came loose and lost a few clips too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be sure to retorque header bolts after about 500 miles!!! I didn’t and it’s was brought to shop for a weird knock/tic.... turns out with help from this forum... it was diagnosed as manifold leak due to loosening header bolts. Let it be noted I used stage 8 locking header bolts. Still came loose and lost a few clips too

How did you lose the clips??? Did you use the crescent retainers? Those a pita to get off.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you lose the clips??? Did you use the crescent retainers? Those a pita to get off.
Honestly not really sure... I had a shop install them and then it ended up to the dealer to track down the knock/tic ... when they diagnosed it and found the leak they retorqued and notified me that some of the clips were missing.