Best $300 mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodchuck'sHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It seems as if $300 is the mark for some of the most popular quick mods. Cold air intake, programmers, and I just discovered the pedal commander(which I'm very interested in). So what's everyone's opinion on these mods, and which brand of particular mod. Also opinions on throttle body spacers welcome. If anyone has all 4 (if that's even possible) please post. Thanks!

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my Diablo used $225. Custom tune was $175 so a little more but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Diablo tuner - In my honest opinion, if you ARE NOT going with a custom tune, it's not worth it. I run a tune by Hemi Fever and I'm happy with it.

Pedal Commander - ABSOFRICKENLUTELY! I have that "Kool Aid smile" plastered to my face every time I step on the gas! Moe's Performance had/has it for $269, very worthwhile and 2 minutes to install.

I haven't done a different Air Intake yet, will probably be Vararam when I do and it will be done with a 87 mm ported Throttle Body from Moe's.

Throttle Body Spacers are snake oil, basically only good for turning into a nitrous port from what I've learned.

If you plan on keeping the truck a while, you might wanna read up on Catch Cans.

Moe's Performance is a site sponsor and a damn good place to do business.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Did not see exhaust on your list, If you dont have one it should be on the list..
Craven Progressive exhaust system is a nice one but there are many other good sounding ones as well.

KLEEEEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I will be honest (well for me personally) and say if I was only going to spend 300.00 I would keep it in my pocket. The list of mods needed runs into the thousands or tens of thousands. Good luck.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Also for just a click over $300 you can get a set of BBK shorty headers.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Pedal commander, for sure

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
This alone is worth 18 horse power.

Interesting... I have a CC from Moes. Didn't see anything about a HP gain. Here's what Moe's has on the subject, per their website:

The Billet Tech Catch Can slows down and filters oil that may end up in the intake and combustion chambers. Oil in the combustion chamber will lower octane ratings that may cause your automobiles computer to sense knock/KR. This will cause a decrease in performance.

Where can I find the HP gain you talk about?

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
He was messing with you, the catch can does not add any hp. It is a good mod for keeping oil out of your filter and out of the combustion chamber though. Well worth it but you do need to empty it every 2-4k miles depending on how quickly it fills up.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TB space is a waste of money. I'd say that it depends what your goals are between Diablo tune and pedal commander. If you want to actually go faster, Diablo tuner, which can be made even better with a custom tune. If you want to FEEL like you're going faster by dramatically improving the throttle response, then go pedal commander. All three of these mods stack, but I would chose these three (tuner, custom tune, PC) before the intake which also stacks.

If you're spending $300 and that's it... Then I'd.go Pedal Commander. But if you're looking to do them all, I'd go with tuner first as you will incrementally feel like your performance is getting much better.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If all you want is to buy 1 mod for now skip all the other bs, save a little more money & get a programmer w/ custom tune. That will give you the single best gain and start a platform to build off of for the future.

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have vararam and magnaflow muffler.
Feels great.
Pedal commander is on the way and I should have a moes throttle body soon.
You really need all 4 in my opinion. Then headers if you like

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see it at Moe's for 299.99.....how does someone get it for $269?

I have the Diablo tuner - In my honest opinion, if you ARE NOT going with a custom tune, it's not worth it. I run a tune by Hemi Fever and I'm happy with it.

Peddle Commander - ABSOFRICKENLUTELY! I have that "Kool Aid smile" plastered to my face every time I step on the gas! Moe's Performance had/has it for $269, very worthwhile and 2 minutes to install.

I haven't done a different Air Intake yet, will probably be Vararam when I do and it will be done with a 87 mm ported Throttle Body from Moe's.

Throttle Body Spacers are snake oil, basically only good for turning into a nitrous port from what I've learned.

If you plan on keeping the truck a while, you might wanna read up on Catch Cans.

Moe's Performance is a site sponsor and a damn good place to do business.

Hope this helps!

NickPic83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Gotexhaust.com doesn't list the pedal commander on their site but they sell them and are cheaper. Shoot them an email or PM

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see it at Moe's for 299.99.....how does someone get it for $269?

There's a coupon code in the moes vendor section... I believe it's PC10 or something of the sorts