Best Air Intake, Exhaust and Tuner to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I've been reading and reading and well.......reading....LOL Basically, I have been overwhelmed with the ton of information out there with no possible way to decide at this point.

Everyone has an opinion on each area so I at this point I'm wanting to know what YOU think the best set up is for the 5.7 Hemi with all three.....Exhaust, Tuner and Intake.....and why this combo would be best?

Looking for overall performance and economy...with some sound to boot.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
CAI- Vararam
Exhaust, Carven Progressive exhaust
Tuner, Hemi Fever or Jay Greene

More, LT headers, or just alittle better then stock some shorty headers.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For exhaust, I assume you are only looking for cat back and not headers and all...?

For exhaust if you went full cat back I would suggest Corsa, then borla. If you want just a muffler delete kit , I suggest the Carven progressive or competitor(louder) with the 5" tips in either polished or ceramic black. Corsa is expensive but worth it. sounds awesome NO drone. Carven is a great inexpesnive option. sounds great and is the biggest seller here for a reason.

CAI-there are many choices and the all do about the same. we offer S&B, AFE, K&N. S&B is very popular for its fit and finish.

Diablo is by far the most popluar tuner.

let me know if we can help you with your purchase. We offer discounts to the members here

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anything wrong with the factory chrome tips?

nothing wrong with em, just lots of people prefer bigger tips and the Rebel owners love the ceramic black tips because it goes along with the black accents on the truck

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is your truck?

S&B intake for fit, finish and performance

Diablo programmer w/ a Jay Greene tune

14" Magnaflow (Mufflex) for a good rumble that isnt too loud

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have any experience with the muffler delete? Not Carven, just straight through? A little too much noise for me but I was just wondering if you loose any bottom end torque.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Anyone have any experience with the muffler delete? Not Carven, just straight through? A little too much noise for me but I was just wondering if you loose any bottom end torque.
i honestly dont think there will be any loss in torque.

the truck already had a catalytic converter for each bank of cylinders that should provide plenty of back pressure.

i was going to do the mufflex DODM80. but i have decided against it. purely for the fact i already have a loud as f*ck evo. and the truck is my new daily. so im going with the carvan competitor. since it atleast has a lil muffler. lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

the truck already had a catalytic converter for each bank of cylinders that should provide plenty of back pressure.

i was going to do the mufflex DODM80. but i have decided against it. purely for the fact i already have a loud as f*ck evo. and the truck is my new daily. so im going with the carvan competitor. since it atleast has a lil muffler. lol.

I like the logic :favorites13:, i did the same. I usually have a LOUD truck but this time i just went for some rumble and not too loud with my setup, as my 92 Mustang is extremely loud. although i want my truck to be a little louder than it is now.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The Carven Competitor IS straight pipe. Look at an inside pic. Its virtually straight pipe w/ 2 baffle like objects inside for more money than the dodm80. If you leave the resonators to take care of the unwanted tones then the dodm80 will be about the same in noise level as the Carven Competitor

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The competitor is a straight thru design and yes has minimal baffling but has a different tone than a straight pipe. believe it or not that muffler does change the tone, and volume.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inside the Carven Competitor

Attachments

• 65004d1454096366-just_ordered_carven-imageuploadedbytapatalk1454096366.538408.jpg
    65004d1454096366-just_ordered_carven-imageuploadedbytapatalk1454096366.538408.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150915_191906.jpg
    20150915_191906.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 22

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
The Carven Competitor IS straight pipe. Look at an inside pic. Its virtually straight pipe w/ 2 baffle like objects inside for more money than the dodm80. If you leave the resonators to take care of the unwanted tones then the dodm80 will be about the same in noise level as the Carven Competitor
yeah but whats gonna be louder. a straight piece of tubing? or a straight piece of tubing with a resonator/mini muffler? lol