Carven progressive or competitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ordering one next week and just wondering thoughts on it. Was thinking progressive but listening to some competitor sound clips just not sure. Plus did anyone really feel performance change with either? Can you here them in cab? any advice input would be great.

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the competitor ... my truck doesn't have any performance mods so I can't really say I noticed an increased power (it sounds faster) hahaha... yes you can hear it in the cab.... the drone isn't all that bad ... you can keep it pretty quiet if you keep your foot out of it... but if you give it some throttle it really comes to life...and I LOVE the sound... better sound than flowmaster... more bite than magnaflow in my opinion!!

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Competitor drones for me at about 15-1800 rpm. Can't speak for the progressive. I love the sound of it at idle and when I gun it though so it's worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is it louder then radio with windows down in good weather.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered the Competitor Series kit and also the Carven tips to go with it. Was in the same boat as you but I'd hate myself if I bought another muffler that wasn't loud enough!

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i agree, tuff choice

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I recently went with progressive. It rumbles nice and deep in the city and accelerating on highway. It's nice and quiet cruising above 70 until you mash the gas. Perfect for long road trips aka wife approved lol. In all seriousness, the competitor exhaust is so small you might as well save 1/2 the cost and have a shop install a Y pipe IMHO.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the progressive series on my truck. I personally wouldn't want anything louder for my daily driver.

Reactions: Kab

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the competitor and it is pretty loud. Cruising inst bad but as soon as you put your foot on the gas you hear it. Performance wise I have not noticed a thing.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Really thinking progressive with the 5" tips.

Anyone running that and how is the sound, did the tips change sound a little too?

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the carven tips on now and as it is my daily driver,plus long trips taking junior to and from college with wifey aboard I am going progressive. I quess when I want loud I will fire up the chopper. thanks guys for the help.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
So yesterday the wife and I pulled up to a late model Viper at a stop light. I guess the guys in the Viper heard my truck down shift so they revved their engine. It sounded very raspy. I switched mine to neutral and revved mine back while still rolling to a stop. Even with the rev limiter, mine growled harder and deeper. They nodded and drove off. My wife giggled and asked why a Viper sounds like ****... I'm guessing the Viper still had the factory exhaust. That's when I realized i REALLY like my Carven progressive.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, so I just stumbled upon Carven in the last 15 minutes and was sold. I was looking at magnaflow 14" but then I found Carven. Does anyone have any videos of the Progressive version on a drive by? The competitor is way to loud for me

Last edited:

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I dont have a sound clip, but i just installed the progressive on the weekend, you will not be disappointed !!! I smile every time i start it or mash the pedal. But hwy, very faint rumble but can listen to radio have a conversation no problem, then when the wife is talking to much you step on it and say " Sorry what was that " lol...

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Do you still have the resonators in place. ?

I really want somthing alot louder then stock but dont want to be at that point where it makes people wonder if its just straight pipes.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm not sure if your asking me or OP ? But yes I still have mine resonators installed. Only carven muffler swap.
74240612096bffb8623b17adf90c5b44.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the progressive. It will be here monday

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I dont have a sound clip, but i just installed the progressive on the weekend, you will not be disappointed !!! I smile every time i start it or mash the pedal. But hwy, very faint rumble but can listen to radio have a conversation no problem, then when the wife is talking to much you step on it and say " Sorry what was that " lol...

That is what I like to hear. Mine will be here tomorrow! I am adding the 5" tips also. Wife isn't too happy, so hoping it isn't crazy loud, and won't upset the neighbors. Ordered the progressive. From what it sounds like, seems to be like a scat pack challenger type sound almost.

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ordering mine hopefully next couple of days.gotta dig out of the snow first