Diablo inTune i2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Hello all,

What should expect for a Diablo inTune i2? What would it unlock? I know people here have a preference of either Hemifever or Jay Greene, honestly what is the difference? How is one better than the other? What would each one of them provide that the other does not

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the canned tune you will see a small bump in power but the custom tune is a night and day difference. I have used both tuners over the last 10 or so yrs and I prefer Jay Greene over Hemifever. Just a personal decision from experiences w/ both tuners over the yrs based on personal and performance reasons.

My best advice is to research and talk to both and make a decision based on your conversations w/ them. The debate in this thread will surely derail it.

What year truck do you have?

Anyway it goes though get a custom tune over the canned tune. I gained over a half a second w/ just a custom tune

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the canned tune you will see a small bump in power but the custom tune is a night and day difference. I have used both tuners over the last 10 or so yrs and I prefer Jay Greene over Hemifever. Just a personal decision from experiences w/ both tuners over the yrs based on personal and performance reasons.

My best advice is to research and talk to both and make a decision based on your conversations w/ them. The debate in this thread will surely derail it.

What year truck do you have?

Anyway it goes though get a custom tune over the canned tune. I gained over a half a second w/ just a custom tune

This is a TRUE statement! History has not been a very good teacher.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Basically the tuner adjusts fuel, timing and spark advance settings per a pre-determined set of tune adjustments to the basic OEM tables.

The results of the programmer and the canned tunes are better throttle response, more power earlier in the RPM band, more efficient air/fuel ratios (richens the mix some and removes a chronic lean condition) and overall better driveability. You may even see an improvement in highway MPG.

A custom tune takes it to the next level. Even more throttle response, WOT shift point settings, all taken from logs you provide when you first get the tuner and custom tune program package deal, like the one available from Moe's Performance. Having a tune made with logs from your own truck is like getting a custom suit made for you at the tailor's shop. It just looks, and works, better.

I've been tuning and tweaking tunes using DS products for 10 years on several different vehicles including the LX platform, Ram trucks of the third & 4th generation and GM cars and trucks.

In my experience, I've found the custom tunes are the way to go. There isn't enough difference between what an individual tuner will do and the final product. One may approach certain things differently but at the end of the day, you won't miss out on anything either tuner can provide.

Good luck with your tuning mods if you decide to add a tuner to your truck.