Eco Diesel class action Lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i like how at the bottom it makes it sound like Ram owners care... im sorry i didnt buy a truck to care about some EPA B.S. hell if i could id buy a diesel and make sure it blows some fat stacks just in spite

Ecolimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Anyone know the simple facts about this supposed lawsuit with us that have the 3.0 eco diesel engine?

I love my 2016 Ram Limited with eco diesel Fully loaded, even though my mileage isn't good at all thought about looking at 2018 to get all new again, however, you can't get the eco diesel

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The liberals in this country have screwed up Diesels, the NFL, and just about everything else that was good old fashioned, manly fun.

People can't stand Mr Trump, because he is a relic from the past. A man's Man. Proud, American, and not afraid to make decisions, and get something done.

It's so sad, that the days of a realitively cheap Cummins straight six, with an Eaton 5 speed, are gone. Now that was a Man's Truck. Liberals need not apply.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeap the EPA has jacked the diesel motors up.

You haft to buy one then spend 2k getting it fully deleted IF you can in your state and then wonder if you have a warrenty any more just to have a reliable truck when if the EPA was out from under the hood it was thr most reliable.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Yeap the EPA has jacked the diesel motors up.

You haft to buy one then spend 2k getting it fully deleted IF you can in your state and then wonder if you have a warrenty any more just to have a reliable truck when if the EPA was out from under the hood it was thr most reliable.

It's a shame too because the diesels have never been so powerful. It's like two steps forward and one step back. Most guys who delete the Cummins are getting great MPG and have over 1,000 pounds of torque.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Imho, the 5.9 Cummins was the best engine ever made.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the simple facts about this supposed lawsuit with us that have the 3.0 eco diesel engine?

I love my 2016 Ram Limited with eco diesel Fully loaded, even though my mileage isn't good at all thought about looking at 2018 to get all new again, however, you can't get the eco diesel

This is the latest I have received.

FCA ECODIESEL CLIENT UPDATE

We hope all of you are enjoying the arrival of Spring and please accept our continued thanks for the opportunity to provide legal representation in your claims against Fiat Chrysler.

FCA LAWSUIT

Great news! As most of you know, our litigation dovetails directly with the consolidated national class action suit pending in San Francisco Federal Court. Prior to trial, defendants in any litigation are given a chance to convince the judge to throw out any and all claims against them that are not supported by the law or evidence. FCA, indeed, argued just this type of motion to dismiss the entire class action last month. On March 15, U.S. District Judge Edward M. Chen issued a lengthy, 134-page ruling almost entirely rejecting FCA’s motion. This was a real blow to FCA, as they now must continue facing class action claims of consumer fraud, racketeering, violation of consumer protection statutes, and federal warranty claims.

This victory by the plaintiffs against FCA makes favorable settlement much more likely. Reflecting this, all parties to the class action and to the U.S. Government’s separate suit against FCA have been deeply involved in settlement negotiations that will continue through April, as currently scheduled.

Of note, during these negotiations, the Justice Department formally demanded that FCA recall and repair all 104,000 EcoDiesel models sold between 2014 and 2016. It is our current understanding that, in addition, FCA will have to pay the significant civil penalties to the government, but there will not be a Volkswagen-type vehicle “buy back” required. We will certainly continue to track this and update any you with any changes.

FCA NEWS

U.S. Seeks Major Fines, Recalls in Fiat Diesel Settlement
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...major-fines-recalls-in-fiat-diesel-settlement

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As to exactly how they were cheating the tests , that is still not confirmed.

What I was able to find and from information I was allowed to read being part of the lawsuit.

Is that the ECU supplied by Bosch ( same as VW ) would run different emissions tunes during the emissions tests. The VW ECU would sence that it was plugged into the test machine and run a different tune. The eco diesel ECU suppossedly could sence whether there was any input being sent to the electric steering. And if not would run a different tune . So while it was on the test machine running no one is using the steering , it is stationary. In turn the ECU sees that and runs a cleaner tune.

I tend to believe this as FCA has said that they can remedy this with a simple software update that should not have a significant effect on performance or reliability of the engine. But then FCA has also said that these parameters that are being labeled as cheats were also "self preservation " parameters to add reliability and save the engine.

So take it for what you will .after all the problems I had with mine , I got rid of it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well, thank the ********* EPA regulations.

Some companies are switching their fleets of Cummins trucks over to gas now because of all the repair costs related to the emissions ****.

stinking cockroaches

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Curious so the 17 year is not affected, but

what did FCA ACTUALLY do

to allow epa/carb to sell the MY17 ecod?

GottaBeKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a few really detailed threads over on the ecodiesel forum. Don't know if I can link it or not so I'll err on the side of not getting my hand slapped (hand enough of that already this week)...

I almost bought one and when there were 200+ failures a month I changed my order to the 2018 sport with a hemi.

Diesel is awesome tech but the people who know what's best for us tell us we can't drive them anymore by making all the emissions BS. Had a TDi which was bulletproof just got tired of the car. BMW 335d which was a monster when tuned right but wanted something bigger. I'm sure the EcoD is an amazing machine once the EGR, SCR and DPF are removed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The liberals in this country have screwed up Diesels, the NFL, and just about everything else that was good old fashioned, manly fun.

People can't stand Mr Trump, because he is a relic from the past. A man's Man. Proud, American, and not afraid to make decisions, and get something done.

It's so sad, that the days of a realitively cheap Cummins straight six, with an Eaton 5 speed, are gone. Now that was a Man's Truck. Liberals need not apply.

So let me understand your point mr conservative, lets get rid of all emmisions controls so we can have air like they do in china? *******. Mr Trump wants coal, now theres a modern idea.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So let me understand your point mr conservative, lets get rid of all emmisions controls so we can have air like they do in china? *******. Mr Trump wants coal, now theres a modern idea.

Like all libs, you want everyone else to change their lifestyle while you drive your hemi instead of a Prius. Typical.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mr Inept, I don't think you understand anything about me. However, if I were to make a snap judgement, I'd say that you're a typical hateful liberal, that can't wait to put words in someone's mouth, so there is some justification for a ****** insult.

Here in southern Indiana, on the first day of spring, we got 5" of snow. Global warming has been proven to be such an obvious hoax, that it had to be renamed "Climate Change". If you were to drive I64 between the Indiana 57, and 110 mile markers, you'll see 2 fields, that used to be cropground, and trees, that are now filled with ugly solar panels. To me, that's a form of pollution. The Rockport power plant, 25 miles away puts off steam. I'm not a huge fan of coal, but it can be burned cleanly, it's abundant.

All things in moderation. The US is not the world's problem. We are the solution.

How is your 401K doing?

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
A fully deleted Cummins with no added power from a tune can have a very clean tune and put at little to no smoke at all.
Mine with 100hp tune only put a puff out at full throttle and onve the turbo spooled there was no smoke at all.

The DEF system is not needed to burn clean on these trucks.IMO.

FB_IMG_1521682887472.jpg

Last edited: