Eco Diesel class action Lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just because your truck isn't putting out "much" smoke, doesn't mean it's running clean.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A fully deleted Cummins with no added power from a tune can have a very clean tune and put at little to no smoke at all.
Mine with 100hp tune only put a puff out at full throttle and onve the turbo spooled there was no smoke at all.

The DEF system is not needed to burn clean on these trucks.IMO.

DEF is used for after treatment for NOx, it is injected into the SCR which is downstream of the DOC and DPF. There is a lot more than to burning clean than not seeing smoke/soot.
If I'm not mistaken, the EGR was forced on this latest version of Cummins engines.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yes, I was meaning it was not needed and is alot of the problems these trucks have with being unreliable.
I have went through 4 trucks now at work and they have all broke down because of these emission systems.
I did not mean that the smoke/soot and DEF went together hand and hand.

I was just saying a well tuned truck can run cleaner and not pour smoke out like some people think.
The EGR system is a freaking joke and cant believe they have them set up like this.
Would be like sticking a garden hose up your ass and breathing through that with every other breath.

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Strangely at least in the cold the newer ford diesels seem to be the most reliable now so they must have sorted out how to make the emissions controls work. They do have other problems though and it's hard to forget how bad those 6.0s were.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Strangely at least in the cold the newer ford diesels seem to be the most reliable now so they must have sorted out how to make the emissions controls work. They do have other problems though and it's hard to forget how bad those 6.0s were.
Or, EPA haven't targeted Ford's new diesel yet.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Or, EPA haven't targeted Ford's new diesel yet.
I'm speaking of the 6.7 in the HD. I know nothing about the 1/2 ton diesels. I don't think ram has had any controversy with the cummins in HD. Just a lot of issues with the DEF systems in the cold. Seems like on the Rams you have to do emissions delete to make them reliable. That's a problem

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mr Inept, I don't think you understand anything about me. However, if I were to make a snap judgement, I'd say that you're a typical hateful liberal, that can't wait to put words in someone's mouth, so there is some justification for a ****** insult.

Here in southern Indiana, on the first day of spring, we got 5" of snow. Global warming has been proven to be such an obvious hoax, that it had to be renamed "Climate Change". If you were to drive I64 between the Indiana 57, and 110 mile markers, you'll see 2 fields, that used to be cropground, and trees, that are now filled with ugly solar panels. To me, that's a form of pollution. The Rockport power plant, 25 miles away puts off steam. I'm not a huge fan of coal, but it can be burned cleanly, it's abundant.

All things in moderation. The US is not the world's problem. We are the solution.

How is your 401K doing?

Mr RLJ10X,
Excuse me for the delay, I've been on vacation but it was YOU that made the snap judgement and decided to make this automotive forum political, not me, I just responded to an ******* attacking what you and other like minded people want to lump in a group as liberals. Yes I am a registered democrat. I was a republican but realized that a lot of the republican issues weren't in my and my family's best interest so I am changed my registration. In that, I have still voted both sides of the isle over the years and based on your posts, I doubt if you have done the same. As far as being hateful, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I constantly fight for fair treatment of all as a union president and have and will continue to do so. I hear my conservative friends complain how the CAFE regulations have caused so much trouble in the auto industry but in reality those regulations along with the EPA have forced the greedy auto industry to design fuel efficient high performance vehicles. and your comment of "Global warming has been proven to be such an obvious hoax" proves your inability to understand what global warming is. it's not going to make the USA look like a Mad Max movie, but in reality causes unusual weather extremes.

So my response ends here, lets return this to an automotive forum which it was intended to be, you started the arrogant attack, so end it.

signed your "Liberal" friend
InDept

By the way, how do you like your 2011 Ram, no problems hopefully. Just took my ram on a 2400 mile trip and it was awesome. (please note that I'm not driving a prius, but a Hemi Ram that kicks ass).

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Well the good news is that Diesel exhaust has over 30 things in it that cause cancer. But its ok, you cannot see them.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am a proud and active member of Teamsters Local 710.

And you're right, I rarely agree with anything the Democrats want to do because of their long history of failures, and shortsightedness. But mostly I disagree with their ideas, because they don't work.

Again, you're right. I don't understand global warming. This has been one of the coldest, wettest, longest winters, people in southern Indiana can remember. Where's the warming?

Competition drives greedy corporations. ( I just love when the liberals throw in the greedy corporations, the whole purpose of a corporation is to make money)

I don't take the cats off any of my vehicles. I don't litter. I've planted dozens of trees on my property. I'm all for clean everything.

If there are any assholes, it's the jerks that take the mufflers off their big diesel pick ups, throwing on some rich tune, and enjoy "blowing coal". I hate those guys. I ride motorcycles, a lot. It sucks to have to inhale that ****. I've been up in small, private aircraft. I've seen the layer of brown/grey at about 5200 ft. That sucks, too.

But when a problem arises, and people go running to lawyers, and the government for help, by far and away the loser is the consumer.

Get the government off our backs. Put America First. Turn us loose. I trust the American people much more than the swamp.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Fit's right along with your microwave, cell phone, and tv.

And there are provisions in place to protect me from those 3 things causing me damage. Just like emissions on a vehicle.

Barty88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
I am seriously considering buying a used 3.0 eco diesel... but after reading all of these posts about engine failure.... damn, maybe not? 16 mpg in my 5.7 I just vs almost 26 in an eco diesel would save me over $80 a month in fuel, but too much risk involved in a used diesel with 100-130k miles? Anyone know the lawsuit status and if people are covered who bought a used one recently? Or am I rolling the dice too much?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am seriously considering buying a used 3.0 eco diesel... but after reading all of these posts about engine failure.... damn, maybe not? 16 mpg in my 5.7 I just vs almost 26 in an eco diesel would save me over $80 a month in fuel, but too much risk involved in a used diesel with 100-130k miles? Anyone know the lawsuit status and if people are covered who bought a used one recently? Or am I rolling the dice too much?

I would a
So be skeptical about buying an ecodiesel with over a hundred thousand miles. If it will meet your needs, the V6 may be a better option.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I have read - buying used EcoDs is the best way to go. They either die before 50k or last forever. Another thread a guy posted his with over 450k and looks brand new.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat